Is it really that bad?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I believe it's 6.3 .

Posted via Android Central App

I'm all for the Mega's size if you're looking for a tablet that can make phone calls. What I'm not all for is the weakish specs and 1.5GB of RAM. I guess they didn't want the device competing with the Note 3 and took steps to make sure it didn't.

Waitzar

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I think it is a good phone. Just not the best phone you can get right now. I don't run benchmarks or play games on my phones. However, I care more about premium built, speakers and screen resolution/quality so One Max will do. My wife has Note 3 and I can't tell Note 3 speed (every day use) over One Max even though Note 3 has S800 and 3GB of RAM.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
TBH if the One Max didn't have that white plasticy plastic trim and instead had the build attributes of the One I'd feel much better about how it looks. ...or if the trim was at least black (perhaps black and silver don't go together as well as white and silver some designer's minds). Heck, an all black version would have been great but may have been slicker than the image that HTC hopes to project.

g2 cm10.2

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
well, considering how most of us put cases/covers on our phones, some of those cosmetic things end up not being that important..
I agree, if it looked EXACTLY like the One, it would be more attractive; that white trim doesnt really do anything for the looks..

Obviously, manufacturers dont pay alot of attention to that; look at that horrible plastic "plether" on the Note 3..

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...given how many forum members feel that using their phone without a case is the best way to go I'm surprised that manufacturers don't pay more attention to the aesthetics. Me, I'll always use a case but I do still care about how the phone looks.

Last edited:

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah, I think Samsung made an attempt at that with their plastic leather on the Note 3..
I would love to use my phone without a case, but, knowing what happens when you drop it, which I do sometimes, I got to have that protection..

Someday, they will start making phones that are built like the Panasonic Tough Book Laptop, and then a case wont be necessary!

Panasonic Toughbook 19 Convertible Rugged Laptop - GroupMobile.com

Last edited:

Omega Dave

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine has the HTC One max and he seems to really like it. I've read the reviews as well, but that's bound to happen sometimes when a phone doesn't meet all of their needs. I got to play with it myself and I liked what I saw.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
With this device and the note 3 it's pretty much sense vs touchwiz in the end there both great it just comes Down with what UI you prefer

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Sense is more responsive than touchwiz. I couldn't believe how bog down the touchwiz interface is. I don't see myself returning to Samsung unless HTC goes down under...

sent from my humongous VZW HTC ONE MAX

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I decided to order one of these bad boys for Verizon and I'm actually loving it. This is the first device that I can truly say the critics were wrong about.

I do wish there were features that took better advantage of the near 6-inch screen, but all in all it's a great device.

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is the first device the critics were wrong about, but it definitely is one of the best smart phones out now, regardless of what any critic says about it..

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I decided to order one of these bad boys for Verizon and I'm actually loving it. This is the first device that I can truly say the critics were wrong about.

I do wish there were features that took better advantage of the near 6-inch screen, but all in all it's a great device.

Very interesting. I just picked up a G2 and considering switching over to the Max. I have a Nexus 7 and if there is not much difference size wise, I may sell the 7 and go with one device. I have a 16GB and have about a half gig left which is frustrating as new games come out means uninstalling others to play.

How's the gaming on the Max? MC4, Shadowgun, a few racing games are usually what I've been running. Any thoughts on the camera? The G2 takes pretty nice shots so I expect a downgrade if I move over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36