Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By bunique4life05
  • 2 Post By Waitzar
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    Is it down to no S Pen?
  2. #2  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,576 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    Is it down to no S Pen?
    Too big,too expensive, and too inconvenient too use. The HTC Max lacks the performance, software features, and hardware features that Note 3 and LG Pro (No S-Pen) have. The LG Pro doesn't have S-Pen but is a far better functional better phablet than the Max. The LG Pro holds very well against the Note 2 and 3 without having S-Pen comparing functionality and performance.



    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    Thanked by 2:
    Rythatguy97 
    Ry and thatguy97 like this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    With the one max being released some 9 months after the one, everyone assumed HTC would take advantage of current specs and improve the phone over the one with the snapdragon 800 etc. HTC did not do this and have basically released a bigger version of the same phone. Bit of a cop out really.

    Still an amazing phone however HTC should of improved the camera, processor etc.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Too big,too expensive, and too inconvenient too use. The HTC Max lacks the performance, software features, and hardware features that Note 3 and LG Pro (No S-Pen) have. The LG Pro doesn't have S-Pen but is a far better functional better phablet than the Max. The LG Pro holds very well against the Note 2 and 3 without having S-Pen comparing functionality and performance.
    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

    and, you know this because you OWN the max, or just assuming this nonsense?

    You buy a phone because of the reviews?

    wow, just wow...
  5. #5  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nismo75 View Post
    With the one max being released some 9 months after the one, everyone assumed HTC would take advantage of current specs and improve the phone over the one with the snapdragon 800 etc. HTC did not do this and have basically released a bigger version of the same phone. Bit of a cop out really.

    Still an amazing phone however HTC should of improved the camera, processor etc.

    Posted via Android Central App
    and what is wrong with the processor?
    I assume you dont own this phone either, because if you did, you would know that this processor is as smooth as silk, with no stutter or lag..

    And, the camera works just fine, until you really blow up a picture. But for taking low light pictures, this camera is fantastic..
  6. #6  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    Quote Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
    and what is wrong with the processor?
    I assume you dont own this phone either, because if you did, you would know that this processor is as smooth as silk, with no stutter or lag..

    And, the camera works just fine, until you really blow up a picture. But for taking low light pictures, this camera is fantastic..
    Did I say there was anything wrong with the processor or the camera? The OP asked a question and I gave him the answer. HTC released a bigger version of the same phone 9 months after the original was released and didn't change the spec.

    That's all I said.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    Htc wasted time on this phone. The end. The M8 should have been released instead.
  8. #8  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,576 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    Quote Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
    and, you know this because you OWN the max, or just assuming this nonsense?

    You buy a phone because of the reviews?

    wow, just wow...
    Yes I do buy phones based on reviews. Reviews across the board will show the apparent pros and cons shared by each reviewer. The statement I made is majority opinion on the Max. The specs,price and performance compared to other devices show it's downsides as a phablet based on those standards alone.

    My op is leaving out personal preference or favoritism and just giving the original op a non bias opinions. Though their are better phablets than HTC One Max doesn't mean the phone is not good as long understand the downsides.

    You may disagree with my statement but there is no "nonsense" when majority have stated the same.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  9. #9  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    well, if you buy products based on what "the majority" has to say about it, without making the determination yourself, that's your decision.
    I dont prescribe to the "herd" or "lemming" mindset.
    I like to use MY OWN mind to decide what I want/like/purchase...
  10. #10  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,223 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    I agree with the assessment that a device released after 7 months of the One, there should have been some sort of hardware upgrade that should separate it.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  11. #11  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    The One was/is a great device but I agree. I expected more.

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  12. #12  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,576 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    Quote Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
    well, if you buy products based on what "the majority" has to say about it, without making the determination yourself, that's your decision.
    I dont prescribe to the "herd" or "lemming" mindset.
    I like to use MY OWN mind to decide what I want/like/purchase...
    So what are you trying to say about the HTC One Max.....

    With your "own mind" are disproving that based on price,functionality, and performance that their are not better phablets than HTC One Max based on those standards?
    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  13. #13  
    Waitzar's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    I just picked up HTC One Max a few days ago after having owned HTC One 3 months ago. I loved HTC One but for me the camera could have been better. At first, I was reluctant to pick up HTC One Max due to price, afraid the phone might be too big and more expensive for the same CPU/GPU as in HTC One even though it just released. After using it for a few days, phone size didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Even though specs is not the latest, it is still run smooth. I still think it is a little overpriced for what it is but overall, I am still very happy with the phone.

    I think a lot of reviews expect more out of HTC with this phone especially since Note 3 is already out with latest specs and being a phablet, it doesn't have "phablet" functions like being able to take notes with a pen and draw stuff. For me, I value more of HTC's dual front speakers and screen tech and resolution good for multimedia and browsing internet/emails/messages.
    wase4711 and PallyBud like this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    So what are you trying to say about the HTC One Max.....

    With your "own mind" are disproving that based on price,functionality, and performance that their are not better phablets than HTC One Max based on those standards?
    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Price- I paid 149 for it; the note 3 was 249, so the price was ALOT better than the Note 3
    Functionality- I came from a Note 2, so I know what I was looking for in functionality; fast processor, CHECK, great sound, CHECK, fantastic display, CHECK, AC wifi functionality, CHECK

    There is always "something better" in life...Do you want to drive a Mercedes, but can only afford a Hyundai?
    Do you want a Rolex, but can only afford a Timex?
    Its fine to want "the better" things in life, but, to many, its a waste to pay extra for "more" when you may not want what those things offer...

    I could afford to buy anything I want, but I choose to spend my $$ on things that I care about; I couldn't care less about jumping on devices or items that OTHERS view as better..
  15. #15  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,576 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    Quote Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
    Price- I paid 149 for it; the note 3 was 249, so the price was ALOT better than the Note 3
    Functionality- I came from a Note 2, so I know what I was looking for in functionality; fast processor, CHECK, great sound, CHECK, fantastic display, CHECK, AC wifi functionality, CHECK

    There is always "something better" in life...Do you want to drive a Mercedes, but can only afford a Hyundai?
    Do you want a Rolex, but can only afford a Timex?
    Its fine to want "the better" things in life, but, to many, its a waste to pay extra for "more" when you may not want what those things offer...

    I could afford to buy anything I want, but I choose to spend my $$ on things that I care about; I couldn't care less about jumping on devices or items that OTHERS view as better..
    Check you admit their are better phablets than the HTC One Max. This was the point I made to the OP.
    I think you have taken my criticism to the OP to a personal attack.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  16. #16  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    well, "better" is a very subjective term, so as always, somethings' value is always based on each individuals perception.
    MY perception is that for me, there is no "better" phablet than the HTC one max, considering all the things that matter to ME..

    Nothing against you, but its been annoying reading all the "critics" complain about all sorts of things with this phone,and many other phones/devices, since all that most of them do is to try one for a day or 2 and move on to the next latest and greatest thing.
    I haven't seen many people who actually BOUGHT this phone saying they regret it, or how they wish they bought something else, so I believe that anyone who doesn't care about a s-pen, and prefers a fantastic display and incredible sound from a phone, over an spen and plastic leather stiching, would actually prefer this phablet if they didn't get their opinions based on a reviewers comments.

    I'll not say anything more on this issue in this thread...
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    the price here is the same as the note 3.

    it's 600 here for the max.
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 4- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2
  18. #18  
    enik's Avatar

    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    I think it's that HTC did nothing to optimize the software for the larger display and the fingerprint scanner is clearly a "me too" kinda thing. Personally I love the max, but I think the bad reviews are due to what people thought it could/should have been.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g
    ___________________
    From Nexus With Love
  19. #19  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    I am with him ^
  20. #20  
    theoretically's Avatar

    Posts
    169 Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Unity Sense 3.0

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    I love my one max. Actually prefer it over the note 3 I previously had
  21. #21  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    HTC One Max is better than Samsung galaxy note 3 and LG G pro

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  

    Default Re: If the HTC Max is just a bigger HTC one why has it got such bad reviews?

    My brother in law has the max, LOVES IT and he came from the I phone 5. The shear size and smoothness and dependability are his biggest joys. I have my eyes set on a ***** enlargement as well and hope they bring out a new htc one max with a pen, edge screen and better hardware. When you pay more, you should get more. But it's also easy to say, when you pay more you shouldn't get a phone that is not smooth silky when real life uses are taken into consideration. Quality is always better over quantity and that is my opinion about htc one and samsung galaxy s phones

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 02:37 PM
  2. Youtube app will only play the last video in each playlist
    By ultrabaka in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2013, 01:41 AM
  3. NONE of my reviews on apps are being posted
    By Moltres_rider in forum Google Play Store
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2013, 10:26 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2013, 06:28 AM

Posting Permissions