There have been lot of discussions on whether HTC has removed the HDR Dual Membrane Microphone as a result of the Nokia - STM Case from the HTC One. The Android Central Review of the HTC One Max says that the same is not there on the One Max.

However, I inquired with HTC India and there official reply to my question is contrary to the review of Android Central and other claims:

Android Central Review of the HTC One Max: HTC One Max review | Android Central

The following is the reply from HTC India about the HDR Mic:

HTC
Jan 13 at 12:46 PM

To

Niraj Vashi

Dear Niraj,

Thank you for contacting HTC support.

As per your e-mail, we understand that you want information regarding HTC One Max, on the below mentioned points:

1. Does HTC One Max has HDR Dual Membrane Microphones on it?
2. Does HTC One Max supports OTG (USB On-the-go) on it?

We will surely provide you the information.

In this regard, we would like to inform you that HTC One Max has the HDR Dual Membrane Microphones installed on it and it also supports the OTG feature on it.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to email us or call us at 1800-266-3566, Mon to Sun – 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.

Thank you for choosing HTC.

Have a nice day ahead.

Thank you for using HTC Customer Service.

If you are not satisfied with your service, please call us at 1800-266-3566, Monday to Sunday – 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.

Please help us improve by taking a quick survey on your experience using HTC Customer Service.

Get Started

Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Yogita

HTC

I request the experts to clarify this confusion on whether the HTC One Max has the HDR Dual Membrane Mic or not. Thank you