Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default One Max or Note 3

    I'm coming from the Note 2, which is an amazing phone. I love the massive screen and amazing battery. But my Verizon upgrade is here and I'm pretty much torn between the One max and the Note 3


    I pretty much use my phone as a table a lot of web browsing, social media, emailing, watching YouTube videos in bed and reading e-books (I read a lot on my phone!)

    I don't need top of the line specs for any of that the only game I play on my phone is Puzzles and Dragons, dots and final fantasy games.
    No crazy 3D gaming (That't what my computer is for)

    The main reason I'm torn is the htc's embedded battery, the mediocre camera, lack of any sort of developer community
    The speakers seem to be the best on any phone out there and the screen is just massively amazing

    What do you guys think of your One Max? is anyone coming from the Note 2? do you wish you got another phone?
    I'm looking for user testimonials rather than tech site reviews where only specs matter.

    thanks!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    One Max in my opinion is just a big brother of the HTC One.

    As for development community that is starting to go through another one of those phases where the OEM's and carriers are utilizing their OTA updates to make rooting more difficult. Example the Galaxy S3/S4 community is really feeling the effects of this with the 4.3 update.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    I know its just a blown up Htc One. I'm just wondering if its that big of an improvement over the galaxy note 2 or should I go with the Note 3?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    I love mine. Speakers are great. Battery is phenomenal. Reviews all say fingerprint doesn't work well but mine works perfectly. Seems like everybody has a note and I'm sure you can't go wrong but the lower price, quality build and speakers sold me.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Camera aside, it really comes down to the s-pen and how much you use it. I too had a Note 2 but after the initial "cool" factor for me wore off, I found myself not using the pen much at all.

    I've had the Max for about a week now and the experience has been positive. Sure it could take better pics but for my needs, I really cannot complain. I haven't played around with it much but ZOE is nice and the gallery app is second to none imo. Battery life has been stellar (something that's always dogged my experience with HTC phones), build quality is excellent, and the speakers are the best out there. The Sense ui has come along way and much lighter than past versions should you choose to stay stock. Games run great; SGeadzone, Riptide 2 GP to name a few.

    Play around with one at a store and see if it fits your needs.

    Posted from HTC One Max via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    Thanks Wobblin that helped a lot. I actually went out today to mess around and compare both phones. I'll order mine tomorrow.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    I never used the note. But i do love boomsound and the super lcd3 display. Great for watching videos.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  
    NoNexus's Avatar

    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    Love the HTC speakers
    I see the screen as a wash, but it is a preference.

    I couldnt live without the S-Pen and the camera. I would say Note 3. Even if you remove the S-Pen from the equation, the camera is enough of a drop off to make me stay away from the Max this time around.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    The ONLY reason to pick the note 3 would be for the S-pen; the max blows away the sound of any Samsung phone, the Screen is fantastic, Sense 5.5 makes Touch wiz look like a kiddy toy, and htc doesn't put ridiculous security measures like KNOX on its phones..Plus, I think its 100 bucks less than the Note 3...Easy decision to make, especially if you like music/videos/ and ebook reading..camera works just fine too; if you need pro grade photos, use a real camera, not a cell phone..
  10. #10  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    Hi... If you're not concerned about the price then Note 3 is the best. But the choice also depends on your taste
    Touchwiz or Sense..?!!?!
    Why don't you compare the two.. on smartprix.com
    For me is Note 3

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    here's a pretty accurate review

  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    I decided to go with the Max...my only real gripe is the 4MP camera, but I don't take many photos and when I do there's no need to crop/zoom. Plus there's a really good looking rom out for it ViperMax which looks amazing. I think I'll save the money for a Pebble steel, or just bills because life is like that.

    I'll probably make some rom walk-through videos due to their non-existence right now.
    Thanks everyone for being honest!!!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    been running the Vipermax rom since it came out, and you are right; its fantastic, with endless customizations, tweaks, and even themes...
  14. #14  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    Yesterday I changed my note 3 to htc one max. What I like so far about htc is sense ui which is very balanced and looks serious. Stock dialer is excellent, no need to use anything else, the stock launcher is lag free too and looks well. Sound is special item in this list, I am just amazed with its quality and loudness.
    However, after using htc for two days I really miss my note 3, since htc feels very awkward in hands, you always have a feeling that the phone is going to slip away from your hands because of its heaviness and sleepery aluminium back. Note 3 is very compact although it has 5.7 inch display, and I was able to use it with one hand easily, it's lighter and feels that it sticks to your palm wit its leather like back. I never use spen, but still note 3 has much more features that I used a lot, smart stay, one hand mode, gestures, to name a few. Note's display is brighter and more vivid under direct sun, htc has brighter whites as the only advantage, imho.
    The only major downside of note 3 for me is its childish ui. Most other things can be easily managed by using 3rd party apps.

    Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    Yep, sense is so much smoother, and functional that Touchwiz has become..
    As far as it slipping out of your hands, there are several in-expensive, very slim cases you can get on Amazon, most for under 10 dollars, that will help out alot, as far as making it more secure in your hands. Here's my favorite one for that, and it costs less than 5 bucks!!
    Amazon.com: Poetic Palette Case for HTC One Max Sand Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Cell Phones & Accessories

    If you unlock/root the one max, the Vipermax rom lets you set up gestures and there are apps that work like smart stay...I havent had any problems with bright sunlight, but its winter in Chicago, and there isnt much sun!
    The sound on this phone just continues to blow me away, and, its a shame that all cell phone mfgs. dont start putting stereo speakers on the FRONT of their phones!
  16. #16  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu_khulzat View Post
    Yesterday I changed my note 3 to htc one max. What I like so far about htc is sense ui which is very balanced and looks serious. Stock dialer is excellent, no need to use anything else, the stock launcher is lag free too and looks well. Sound is special item in this list, I am just amazed with its quality and loudness.
    However, after using htc for two days I really miss my note 3, since htc feels very awkward in hands, you always have a feeling that the phone is going to slip away from your hands because of its heaviness and sleepery aluminium back. Note 3 is very compact although it has 5.7 inch display, and I was able to use it with one hand easily, it's lighter and feels that it sticks to your palm wit its leather like back. I never use spen, but still note 3 has much more features that I used a lot, smart stay, one hand mode, gestures, to name a few. Note's display is brighter and more vivid under direct sun, htc has brighter whites as the only advantage, imho.
    The only major downside of note 3 for me is its childish ui. Most other things can be easily managed by using 3rd party apps.

    Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
    Diztronic makes a great case too for about 10 bucks

    Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for HTC One Max (Late 2013) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories


    I have the gray one and it looks great on the Max
  17. #17  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Wobblin30 View Post
    Diztronic makes a great case too for about 10 bucks

    Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for HTC One Max (Late 2013) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories


    I have the gray one and it looks great on the Max
    Just tried to order it from Amazon, but they don't deliver the item to Dubai, it's a pity!

    Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
  18. #18  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Abu_khulzat View Post
    Just tried to order it from Amazon, but they don't deliver the item to Dubai, it's a pity!

    Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
    Worth a shot

    Thanked by:
  19. #19  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    I carry both. Usually I play on the One Max unless I let its battery die for some reason.
    #1 Cricket Wireless Forum Owner
    Verizon - HTC One Max
    AT&T - Samsung Note 3 | LG Nexus 5 | Apple Mini
  20. #20  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    you must have some really big pants pockets!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    Hell yeah. Cargo shorts or jacket and pants. =)

    Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
    #1 Cricket Wireless Forum Owner
    Verizon - HTC One Max
    AT&T - Samsung Note 3 | LG Nexus 5 | Apple Mini
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    If you are coming from the note 2 why would you go for max over note 3? unless you wanted a change of course...Note 3 is the best phablet on the market by some distance but it depends if you like the HTC one and want a bigger verision of that.
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear
  23. #23  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    Maybe they want a 1080 screen or don't like touchwiz much. I felt that the Note 2 was practically a bigger S3 since they had the same resolution . The Note 3 definitely has more processing power than the S4.

    I'm on my Note 3 right now, but that's because I was too lazy to bring another charger inside last night. Other than the raw processing power of the Note 3, I prefer to use the One Max.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    #1 Cricket Wireless Forum Owner
    Verizon - HTC One Max
    AT&T - Samsung Note 3 | LG Nexus 5 | Apple Mini
  24. #24  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Maybe they want a 1080 screen or don't like touchwiz much. I felt that the Note 2 was practically a bigger S3 since they had the same resolution . The Note 3 definitely has more processing power than the S4.

    I'm on my Note 3 right now, but that's because I was too lazy to bring another charger inside last night. Other than the raw processing power of the Note 3, I prefer to use the One Max.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Just got my note 3 last Tuesday tempted to trade it in for one max... help convince me I love the note 3 and am a big gamer clash of clans and jungle heat and the battery life sucks for games. Is the max any better?

    Battery life is everything for me as long as the phone can handle Web browsing texting and gaming I'm in love o yea and a gigantic screen.

    I didn't love note 2 and s4 for same reason neither could handle the gaming. Maybe that's my problem but a guy can dream.

    Also I'm waiting for the dawn media server drain to start as that has been my worst enemy in the past.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  25. #25  

    Default Re: One Max or Note 3

    best battery life out now..
    Thanked by:
    spencerdl likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 03:58 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 10:02 PM
  3. Need Unroot or alternative
    By webOpete in forum AirWatch
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-23-2014, 12:25 AM
  4. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Wifi Problem Solved!!!
    By nayan350 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions

B