Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Max International Version - Red Exclamation and Reboot

So I was on my way to unlocking my boot loader and rooting the phone when i ran into this issue. (running device on AT&T)

The phone is stuck on a Red Exclamation Point and then it reboots to a white HTC screen every minute or two.

Where I was at in the process my bootloader was "unlocked", "tampered" displayed. I had even backed up with TWRP. The thing was I couldnt get the USB Debugging turned on. I turned it on before I started the process and was having trouble finishing with superuser and rooting the device. I had been trying forever to setup the S-OFF Feature to NO AVAIL.

Once I unlocked on HTCdev and then setup TWRP I just could never get the phone back to normal.

Once again this is the INT'L Version of the HTC ONE MAX and I just don't know where to turn next.

Please help. I am without phone and just purchased yesterday.

TIA - Mark

Default Re: HTC One Max International Version - Red Exclamation and Reboot

Can you flash the stock firmware? If not, can you restore it with a backup you made (if you have one).

StealthDroid - Working on his Nexus 7 in the Nexus Lab
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Okay so now I need some HELP.

I took out the SD Card and the SIM Card and the Bootloader screen comes up.

My choices are FASTBOOT, RECOVERY FACTORY RESET, SIM LOCK etc.

What do I do. I feel like I got one chance at this!
    Last edited by dankduke1; 02-16-2014 at 08:54 AM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i did find my TRWP back up if that helps?

LMK please : )

I've tried all sorts and Still can't get s-off using firewater. I've enabled usb debugging and unticked fast boot in power options and unknown sources is ticked. I've set up ads folder on c: drive with all files in there including firewater and it finds device using add devices but when firewater runs it gets to chugging 1 then goes to command prompt and I've tried loads. Tried rumrunner and that gets to end and says to prey and reboot device and run again. I have unlocked bootloader on HTC one max t6ul stuck on s-on, running vipermax 2.0, twrp installed and super user. It's rooted and everything and still can't get it to change to s-off to fix the fingerprint reader. Is this going to be able to be fixed? as it's really doing my head in now.. Kind regards Tim