Will the One Max work on Metro PCS?

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm thinking of ditching the Big Red Giant and trying out Metro PCS (I live, and *mostly* stay in FL, so coverage, I believe, is fine) and am looking at purchasing a clean ESN One Max. I'm rather noobish with what all needs to be done (I'm a technical person, and am entirely comfortable with computers, just not as well versed in phones... not since "jailbreaking" was a "new concept"). On to my question. I've heard that the HTC One is compatible with Metro PCS, is the One Max compatible? If so, which version (Sprint, Verizon, etc) and are there any quirks? Such as not being compatible with their LTE, or 4G or whatever? Simple put, any downfalls? Just find it hard to shell out the money for a wildly priced Verizon plan. Thanks guys!! :p

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm thinking of ditching the Big Red Giant and trying out Metro PCS (I live, and *mostly* stay in FL, so coverage, I believe, is fine) and am looking at purchasing a clean ESN One Max. I'm rather noobish with what all needs to be done (I'm a technical person, and am entirely comfortable with computers, just not as well versed in phones... not since "jailbreaking" was a "new concept"). On to my question. I've heard that the HTC One is compatible with Metro PCS, is the One Max compatible? If so, which version (Sprint, Verizon, etc) and are there any quirks? Such as not being compatible with their LTE, or 4G or whatever? Simple put, any downfalls? Just find it hard to shell out the money for a wildly priced Verizon plan. Thanks guys!! :p

I don't know how well it would work. I know some people have been able to get 3G and phone working, but mms doesn't seem to be working for anyone. It's a gamble, but you're compromising a lot to have the big phone on T-Mobile is what I've heard.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's if you're bringing a Verizon phone over (probably if you bring a Sprint phone over as well).

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how well it would work. I know some people have been able to get 3G and phone working, but mms doesn't seem to be working for anyone. It's a gamble, but you're compromising a lot to have the big phone on T-Mobile is what I've heard.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's if you're bringing a Verizon phone over (probably if you bring a Sprint phone over as well).

Hmm... so the HTC One seems to show as compatible via Metro's website... but it doesn't say the Sprint version or the Verizon version... I assume the Sprint version? Sounds like it'd work entirely, LTE and all with the normal "One?" I've heard the innards of the one max are essentially the same, does that mean it still may not transition to Metro the same though?
Bring Your Own Phone | Nationwide 4G Coverage | No Contract | MetroPCS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca