Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By daero93
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon HTC One Max: Official Android 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

Verizon HTC One Max owners its your turn...

As reported by AC Blog this afternoon, starting sometime Monday (4/7/14) you will start to see the OTA update to Android 4.4.2. Feel free to use this thread to discuss, mention bugs or likes/dislikes about the update.

Verizon HTC One Max users can get Android 4.4.2 starting Monday | Android Central

Enjoy!
    sicario666 likes this.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    4,009 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Default Re: Verizon HTC One Max: Official Android 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

Awesome. Thanks for the good news. Hopefully the devs can use this for the good of evil

53N7 FR0M M4 0N3 MAX

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon HTC One Max: Official Android 4.4.2 Update Discussion Thread

Hi

As a DNA owner I would like to know after the update to 4.4 if you still have the hotspot feature working. I have a DNA with 4.2 and the hotspot feature works and I do not want to loose it.

Thanks Scott

I'm downloading Kitkat now as we type. Update prompted automatically.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    1dtbrown likes this.

Its starting to be available

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I'm downloading now as well. Will report anything substantial.

Posted via Android Central App

It downloaded on mine but it never updated. Device still shows 4.3. When I check for updates nothing happens. Weird.

Tried rebooting etc but no luck

Problems so far:

1. GPS doesn't work anymore. I'm in China on a business trip so my data is off, but this sucks not having GPS in an unfamiliar country. When GPS did work it sometimes took a while to lock on, so I'll have to see if it works when I get back to the US next week.
    2. Words with friends is glitchy - not responding sometimes.

Camera seems to be fine. I'll see if anything pops up when I start fully using it again with data.

I believe the reason why it's not working is because your data is off there's no way to use GPS on the phone without internet connection

sent from
    HTC one max

As long as you download the map with data or wifi, GPS will work. To ensure you have a map stored in google maps (android or iphone), view the map that you want and search for "ok maps".

The GPS has somewhat started working but it is very difficult to get it to lock onto my location. I have to be outside and moving. I'll be back in the US next week so we'll see how it works then.

My device has gone haywire since the OS update. The volume and power keys aren't functioning as they should. The volume increases automatically and it cannot be controlled. When I attempt to lower it, it continues to increase. The power button when pressed doesn't shut the screen off. It remains on. No help from tech support. Have no idea how to downgrade to the previous OS. Sad to have my new device already bricked 😕😕