Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default HTC One Max and SVDO

The most important thing that I look for in a cellphone is reception and secondary to this would be if the phone has SVDO.
    I use my phone as a hotspot at work. I'm in a office that is in a metal hangar so the signal has to go through 2 walls.
    The signal fluctuates all the time and also switches from LTE to 3G continuously.
    I was previously using a Samsung Galaxy 3 which did pretty good on the reception and also did SVDO.

So I got the HTC One Max. I read the reception was really good on this phone but that it did not have SVDO.
    I have been using the phone a couple of weeks at work and the reception is better than the Samsung Galaxy 3.
    The signal does fluctuate but seems to stay on LTE most of the time. This is great for the internet.

I notice that most of my calls while I'm on the hotspot go straight to voicemail which is what I expected.
    But then last week I started getting called while I was using the hotspot and could talk on the phone while I was using the
    internet. Also I could text which I could not do before. I'm not sure if it was doing this when I was on LTE or 3G because of the fluctuations.

So somebody please explain to me how SVDO works? I have done some reading online but the information on SVDO seems to be conflicted.
    I am running 4.4.2 version.

Default Re: HTC One Max and SVDO

No current Verizon smartphone supports svdo. The s3 was one of the last. To answer your question, the cdma voice and data needs to be on separate path ways to get svdo.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One Max and SVDO

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am on Sprint. I think it is the same system as Verizon.