HTC6600LVW (HTC One Max) flashlight on 24/7 even when powered off or battery dies..how can I get it to turn off?

A

AC Question

HTC6600LVW (htc one max) flashlight on 24/7 even when powered off or battery dies...

Please help if you have any ideas that I haven't tried yet.. but my bright white light used for the camera during pictures seems to be stuck on for no reason.

I have already tried the following and the light stays on during all of this!

1.) Software Repair Assistant using HTC Sync Manager

2.) letting the battery die so that the phone is powered off but the light stays on

3.) soft reboot, safe mode, disabling the camera

4.) All-in-one toolbox used to kill processes cleanup etc.

5.) uninstalled the flashlight app i had on the phone (has no native flashlight app from verizon)

6.) installed a new flashlight app to try to turn the light on/off and removed that afterwards

Honestly about the only thing I haven't done yet is a hard factory reset but I think I will just lose all of my music and pictures (so I did back them up today also) I am thinking one of two possibilities at this point...

A.) it is not a software issue but a hardware one...

B.) the phone is either haunted or demon possessed...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC6600LVW (htc one max) flashlight on 24/7 even when powered off or battery dies...

Welcome to Android Central! It's on even when the phone is fully shut down? That's gotta be a hardware problem. Contact HTC--is the phone still under warranty?

terflit

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC6600LVW (htc one max) flashlight on 24/7 even when powered off or battery dies...

Phone is not under warranty and 2 months to go for a upgrade with Verizon.
I think I can either put electrical tape over the camera light or break it at this point....

terflit

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

Here is some info that may help someone else with a similar issue:

To access the secret test menu "HTC Function Test v44.60.04g" where you can test each piece of your phone hardware functionality you use your dialer and type *#*#3424#*#* it brings up several test you can run and it ask if it pass or fail each one. Unfortunately for me my flashlight test fails to turn off the light and if you tell it that it fails it offers no additional steps or option to disable it etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance