Video Recording Issue: Stuttering and frame skips after a few seconds...

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
So I was lucky enough to snag a brand new Max for use with the Freebie Rung Plus Future Plan and LOVE it, except for a few minor issues - the biggest being the video recording function. The issue I have is that once I begin recording, it looks great, but then it starts dropping frames and skipping ahead every few seconds. For example, it records 20 seconds of 1920x1280 video to the SD card (64GB Sandisk Ultra) and then skips forward about 2-3 seconds. It then resumes recording again for about 15 seconds before it does it again. It also did this while recording to internal memory, so I don't think buffer speeds or the SD card is a factor. The SD card also performs fine in the other devices I have tried it in, so that furthers the thought that it might be something lagging in the phone while recording.

I've also noticed lately that without a daily reset (and I know it's a 2013 phone so that may have been normal back then) it lags pretty badly on normal functions as well. I'm using it pretty heavily for email and hangouts, but other than that, usage is pretty minimal. Gaming seems to be ok, although there is an occasional lag in games like Clash of Kings, PBA Bowling and Dart Match. I'm trying hard not to compare the performance to my M9 or my M8 for Windows, but man, the 'unresponsive' behavior is a bit annoying at times.

Any thoughts on what I should try to turn off or on? It's a Sprint version running 3.03.651.3 Software (4.4.2 with Sense 6 stock)...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908