HTC One Mini : Is this the mid ranged phone you've been looking for?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So the title says it all....

In an age where the bigger is better concept has been debated for the last year. Could HTC have an answer to those who aren't all about the 5 inch plus displays and bigger overall foot print in your hand?

Many of the veteran Android/smartphone users out there still are coping with the loss of their sleeker and slimmer devices we cared back a couple years ago. Sure they weren't the power houses of today, had smaller displays and overall foot prints but that to some was exactly just " perfect ".

Below is a tidbit of some of the highlights of the HTC One Mini's specs. I can see where this phone maybe a real choice pick to some folks out there. Maybe your one of them?

HTC One Mini specs

• Android 4.2.2 with HTC Sense 5 and BlinkFeed
  • Display: 4.3-inch at 720p, for 341 pixels per inch
  • Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, dual-core, 1.4GHz
  • Total storage: 16GB, available capacity varies
  • RAM: 1GB DDR2
  • Battery: 1800 mAh
  • Size: 132 x 63.2 x 9.25mm
  • Weight: 122g

You like to review the full specs? Shoot on over to the full list from Phil and check out some of the other great blogs about this new device!

HTC One Mini official specs | Android Central ( Phil Nickinson )

HTC One Mini hands-on preview | Android Central ( Alex Dobie )

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I think there should be a distinction between phones tablets and hybrids.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To further elaborate, I think that size wise there should be a distinction. The line between such is becoming thinner and thinner. This is just me, but I think phones should stop at 5", hybrids should take up 5.5" to 6.5" and tablets 7.5"+

I think it is a good thing they are offering smaller versions of the flagships, if anything to introduce another price point for more consumers.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
That's a perfect size and I love my one a lot so when I play with it at the store if it's just as fast and fluid as this I'll make the switch

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
My only concerns are if the boomsound speakers sound the exact same and if playing games and UI are just as fluid . If all is almost the same I would prob made a trade today to get the mini for my def one

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Would it not really depend on the price. At $350 it's a good phone, at $450 it will fail.
From the desk of Hiss Excellency.

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm super excited to try out the One Mini. Like the other guy said I just want to make sure it's as fluid and smooth as the regular sized One.

My One is great it's just larger than I need. I mean, I'm 6'3" 220 lbs and have pretty large hands- even so it is difficult for me to operate with one hand. That comes in really handy for me as I like to be able to discretely use it a lot since I spend a lot of work time in courthouses. I have to REALLY stretch to get over to the top corner with one hand. I find that I don't keep apps up top so I don't see that am taking advantage of it's size.

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I went into att this morning and checked out the moto x and one mini. You can definitely feel the one being narrower than the moto x. To me the mini feels almost as thin as the iphone 5, I know it is not, but I think the curved back makes it feel narrower than it is. It kind of feels awkwardly tall compared to how narrow it is though, Almost same "tv remote" feel some people said the iphone 5 has. I have never been a fan of lighter colored phones so to me the mini in silver with the extra white plastic doesnt really grab my attention, I hope they come out with the black version soon. I ended up walking out with a black moto x and so far for the past few hours I really like it. I have some time to figure out if I am sold on it , if not I will just return it and wait for the black mini and give that a try.