1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cracked casing ( the white plastic )

Hi there,

I dropped my phone and cracked casing ( the white plastic part ) ... does anyone have any good tips/leads for parts & repair?

Cheers.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Cracked casing ( the white plastic )

Quote Originally Posted by venkmanuk View Post
    Hi there,

I dropped my phone and cracked casing ( the white plastic part ) ... does anyone have any good tips/leads for parts & repair?

Cheers.
    Other than searching online for a retailer that sells the replacement parts (which I doubt) you can try searching for a donor device if one can be found for cheap. Otherwise, either leave it as is or cover the device up with a case to hide it.

Hello guys. It is a common problem. I have not dropped mine once. I am going to take it in to Voda.

I don't know about repairs, but I can tell you that the problem is likely due to the fact that the plastic binds the aluminium, yet the aluminium is more flexible and acts as a better heat conductor than the plastic. As a result, when the aluminium gets too hot it expands and cracks the binding, which will still be relatively cool. My only tip would be to uncase it when it's on charge; especially if you have a silicone bumper case as those things will really insulate it.

My mini started to show hairline cracks a few weeks after getting it. I have not dropped it once and it has always been in a case. I too feel it is due to thermal expansion of the aluminium back and the brittleness of the plastic sides. I now have about 3 cracks that are completely through the plastic from front to back along with a dozen or more miniscule hairline fractures around the corners. As the device is only two months old I will be seeking warranty replacement.

Posted via Android Central App