Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a way to remove the weather and blinkfeed elements from the home page?

I've already made the adjacent page the home page but the above elements are wasted space to me.... Appreciate any info on how to remove these elements.
    thanks, h

Default Re: Is there a way to remove the weather and blinkfeed elements from the home page?

The blinkfeed page is a feature of the default launcher which means using an alternative launcher (I like Nova Launcher) will replace it.

As for whether you can keep the default launcher but disable Blinkfeed, that may be more difficult. I've seen a tutorial for how to do it on the One X, saying there is an option under “Settings” > “Personalize” > “Customize home screen” for replacing the "Blinkfeed" home screen with a "classic" home screen. But I haven't found that in the One Mini.

Default Re: Is there a way to remove the weather and blinkfeed elements from the home page?

I think that option will come with Sense 5.5 which should come out before the end of the year.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I had a chance to call HTC today, and they say these elements can't be removed, but will add the suggestion for a future update. Thanks, all!

I'm relatively new to the HTC One Mini, but I have noticed that there are three optional home screens and the one that opens is the one being displayed when the screen is turned off. I have also noticed that there is an option in the setting to turn off the Blink page altogether leaving you with two home page options. I have place a few apps on one and left the other plain with just my wallpaper. You can obviously set your as you choose.