1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ATT One Mini won't boot at all... HELP!!!!

I have my brother in laws phone that will not boot up for the love of nothing. this was not a failed attempt of a root he does not even have a computer that is how I wound up doing this job.. :/ I have yet to try anything real yet, I really could use some help on where to start.. I do know that I cant see the device in my computer at all.. sooooo lost.. BTW its the ATT version there is no SD card slot. Im stuck at this screen i can nav through these items but they do nothing.. This started like a month ago and before we could mess around with things and get it to work but now it wont do anything.. if i had to take a guess it was something he downloaded, he was downloading lots of things like boot leg movies from some shady sites..

EDIT: I also would like to add that I can hear it connecting to my computer when the phone is in fastboot and it states fastboot usb

Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-21-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: ATT One Mini wont boot at all... HELP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 22eco View Post
    I have my brother in laws phone that will not boot up for the love of nothing. this was not a failed attempt of a root he does not even have a computer that is how I wound up doing this job.. :/ I have yet to try anything real yet, I really could use some help on where to start.. I do know that I cant see the device in my computer at all.. sooooo lost.. BTW its the ATT version there is no SD card slot. Im stuck at this screen i can nav through these items but they do nothing.. This started like a month ago and before we could mess around with things and get it to work but now it wont do anything.. if i had to take a guess it was something he downloaded, he was downloading lots of things like boot leg movies from some shady sites..

How old is this phone. When did you get it?
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    How old is this phone. When did you get it?
    about three months ago.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

about three months ago.
    So that means that it is still under warranty correct? You could try to go to the AT&T store. Usually this happens when it is tampered with, but in this case, it just happens automatically. According to the picture, the phone has not been tampered with. You can also try unlocking the bootloader, flashing a recovery, and then installing a rom, but that will void your warranty. It seems fastboot is working (it says fastboot usb).
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    So that means that it is still under warranty correct? You could try to go to the AT&T store. Usually this happens when it is tampered with, but in this case, it just happens automatically. According to the picture, the phone has not been tampered with. You can also try unlocking the bootloader, flashing a recovery, and then installing a rom, but that will void your warranty. It seems fastboot is working (it says fastboot usb).
    Well if it comes with a warranty then I have to assume it does but they are not paying for insurance..

I tried to unlock the bootloader via the htcdev site and I couldn't get the cmd to find the information to Post on HTCdev.com

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Well if it comes with a warranty then I have to assume it does but they are not paying for insurance..

I tried to unlock the bootloader via the htcdev site and I couldn't get the cmd to find the information to Post on HTCdev.com
    To get the token id, you need to get adb and fastboot files.

I have them:

or you can try using this dev's adb/fastboot driver installer

Using my folder:

Unzip it.

Change the directory in cmd to aim at the unzipped folder

while in fastboot, type: "fastboot oem get_identifier_token"

Copy the token, and submit it in htcdev.

Note: Unlocking your bootloader will void your warranty and wipe your phone's data.

Thanked by:
    22eco 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default Re: ATT One Mini won't boot at all... HELP!!!!

Thank you .. I will try the ATT route first. To be honest I did t even think about that because I always buy my phones off of craigslist. I want to keep my unlimited data is rather pay a little extra to keep it.. ( I have Verizon)..