1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switched from HTC One to HTC One Mini

Due to a change in the AT&T plans, as a customer six months in to a subsidized plan, I was able to switch to the Next plan, keep my existing phone, and get a new phone at "full retail". However, since the monthly charge for a smartphone drops from $40 to $25, by switching, my net increase by buying the Mini was $6.50 per month, and a total increase over my 24 month contract of $170 for a $430 phone. Cheaper than insurance, so I decided to get the Mini as a backup. But as soon as I took the Mini home and started adding my apps, contacts, music and widgets, holding the One in one hand and the Mini in the other, it was quickly apparent that the Mini felt much nicer in the hand and the One started to feel like a kluge. The Mini was bare and the One had a silicone case on it, and it won't be long before I get a silicone case for the Mini. But to my big hands and old eyes, I can't see any degradation in the display or in the quality of the Mini over the One. Certainly the One is superior spec-wise, but as a light user, I really like the Mini and glad I chose it as a "spare", because now I'll be using it full time.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Switched from HTC One to HTC One Mini

Awesome! Glad to see you like the Mini. It's a good device and also has a form-factor I would prefer over the standard HTC One. Let us know if you have any questions.