- Junior Member
- 1 Posts
led backlight bleed?
Hello! I recently purchased a HTC One Mini.
My problem is that when on a white backround image i have bright spots on the bottom of the display, like a bunch of flashlights. I guess those are the backlight leds. Is this normal? Is anyone else experiencing this? It is more noticeble on low brightness, but you can also see it on high brightness. It is not visible on a darker backround image.
Also, on the right bottom corner there is a bar of about 1mm in length an 0.2-03 mm in width that is changing pixel colors slower than the rest of the screen. For example, if I press back from a white backround image, a small bar of white remains on the screen for under a second.
More of an annoyance than an issue, but it bugs me. Any ideas of what could it be and how can (if I can) fix it?
PS: I'm from Romania and to send it under warranty means i would remain without my phone for 15 days and they probably won't do anything than scratch my phone...
- 02-23-2014, 09:13 AM #2
Re: led backlight bleed?
Welcome to the forums.
I would ask where you got it if you could exchange it. If not, then yes, the only thing to consider doing is to send it in. You could replace the screen yourself, but often, other parts get damaged while trying to swap it out.'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- By pandora1 in forum LG Optimus GReplies: 0Last Post: 02-18-2014, 08:19 AM
- By tcrosby86 in forum Sony Xperia Z1sReplies: 6Last Post: 02-11-2014, 10:16 AM
- By trigu286 in forum HTC VividReplies: 1Last Post: 02-10-2014, 10:05 PM
- By jamzijai2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 1Last Post: 02-08-2014, 02:08 PM
- By Antonio Trollollo in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 02-02-2014, 09:31 PM