Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to update to Kit Kat a spare Mini?

I have a spare HTC One Mini that I'm keeping as a backup in lieu of insurance. I want to update it to Kit Kat. I have tried several times swapping the SIM from my HTC One into the Mini, the phone works on my line, but when I attempt a software update, it says not available and I must wait 24 hours to try again. Must I keep the phone active on my line for a certain period of time before it will allow the update? Could I take the phone to an AT&T store and ask them to update it for me?
    This is not an urgent issue, but I would like to have the software updated and the apps as well so the phone could be used immediately in case of a loss of one of our phones. Thanks for any advice.
    SOLVED! Got a hint from another post on this forum. I took the SIM out of my wife's HTC One Mini and put it in the spare Mini. After updating several apps automatically, I checked for a software update, and it found it, downloaded it and installed it. Process took about an hour. Guess the SIM has to be from the same model phone. I had previously tried manually changing the time when using the SIM from my HTC One to check a second time for an update, and that didn't work.
    Last edited by TWC42; 04-20-2014 at 04:26 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: How to update to Kit Kat a spare Mini?

Problem solved! edit on original post reposted
    (Got a hint from another post on this forum. I took the SIM out of my wife's HTC One Mini and put it in the spare Mini. After updating several apps automatically, I checked for a software update, and it found it, downloaded it and installed it. Process took about an hour. Guess the SIM has to be from the same model phone. I had previously tried manually changing the time when using the SIM from my HTC One to check a second time for an update, and that didn't work.)