Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Mini sound problems

Hi, had my mini since Nov. its been away for repair 3 times now for earpiece speaker problems. I love the phone but trying to use it for calls is impossible. After about a month the earpiece speakers performance becomes seriously diminished, I can nearly hear any callers and the ringtones and alarm are affected too.
    Anyone got any ideas on a fix?
    Cheers!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: HTC One Mini sound problems

What kind of sound is it reduced to, a thin raspy sound like the speaker is blown or cracked? Do you do the kind of work that may result in your device frequently being exposed to metal filings or or particulate? I had this problem before with BlackBerry phones with forward facing speakers where metal would get in and damage the speaker. May not fit your situation, but it sounds exactly like what I went through.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC One Mini sound problems

I've had the same problem before with most phones I've owned due to iron filings getting attached to the speaker through magnatism. I now work mostly with aluminum and keep my phone in a ziplock bag. This last time I've not even had my phone on me and treated it with kid gloves. Still it happens after a month or so.
    YouTube says clean with a toothbrush(no help) I also tried a small electricians vacuum(no joy there)
    I do think it is a fault, not dirt.