Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Abandoning my HTC One M7, back to HTC One Mini

The camera shots tell it all. Can't get a decent shot indoors with the One, no matter how much I fiddle with it. Got that purple tinge everyone talks about. Funny, since the Mini camera is the same, with the same specs, but the indoor shots are much better.

Abandoning my HTC One M7, back to HTC One Mini-imag0040.jpgAbandoning my HTC One M7, back to HTC One Mini-imag0208.jpg

Default Re: Abandoning my HTC One M7, back to HTC One Mini

Ummm.... I think your M7 is broken. This problem is well documented. You need to replace it. There's no way I would turn in my M7 for a mini (unless they had the same specs - which they don't). But I wish HTC would create a mini with high end specs!!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The Mini was my backup, still have the M7. Played with the M7 camera some more, improved picture but not as good as the Mini. Did a spec comparison of the two before making the switch, nothing that dramatically different except for the software version, but the Mini is supposed to get Kit Kat soon. Main thing is that I'm a novice when it comes to cameras. I need point and shoot. I don't want to have to fiddle with settings to get a good shot. I can't just hit the camera icon and hit the camera button on the M7 and take the picture. It seems that I can on the Mini.
    Next time around, it will probably be a Samsung.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Update: sent the M7 in for repair due to the purple tint problem and got a pristine replacement. I believe it is new. Camera is fine, back to using the HTC One M7.