Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I do stuff when the call is on speaker?

When the screen turns off, none of the buttons do anything except the power button, which ends the call. How fix?

Default Re: How do I do stuff when the call is on speaker?

Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying your call is on speakerphone, or just a regular call coming through the earpiece? If it's coming through the earpiece, the screen should come back on as soon as you take the phone away from your ear--does that happen?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Earpiece is fine, it's the speakerphone that's unresponsive. Not being able to put my phone on speaker makes those unbearable Comcast calls even worse.

Sorry, I'm not quite understanding the issue. After placing the call to Comcast and being put on hold, does the screen come on when you pull the phone away from your ear? It ought to--then you can tap the speakerphone button on the Dialer screen. Are you saying the screen doesn't come back on when you pull the phone away from the ear?

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Correct. Screen goes to sleep and there's no waking it. I mean, it's not just Comcast, but that's when I notice it the most. heh

Sounds like it might be a problem with the proximity sensor. Do you have a case or screen protector on? These can sometimes interfere with the sensor, making it think it's up against your ear even when it's not (and thus keeping the screen blank).

I remember there is an option to change this in setting, but I don't know why I can't find it now.

I think you should call HTC directly.

Posted via Android Central App