No images for most BlinkFeed articles on The Guardian

big_c#CB

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
For about a month, we're seeing most pages from The Guardian rendered with no images - even when you click though to the article. The "tile" in BlinkFeed simply shows the title of the article. If you click on to "View original story" in the web browser then article will have one or more images. Other feeds (for example, The Independent) are OK.

Any suggestions? Is BlinkFeed broken? Is it an issue with The Guardian? Or something we're missing?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For about a month, we're seeing most pages from The Guardian rendered with no images - even when you click though to the article. The "tile" in BlinkFeed simply shows the title of the article. If you click on to "View original story" in the web browser then article will have one or more images. Other feeds (for example, The Independent) are OK.

Any suggestions? Is BlinkFeed broken? Is it an issue with The Guardian? Or something we're missing?
Is it only with Guardian? Or do you experience similar problems with other sites/news sources? I would open system settings > applications > sort by all > Blinkfeed (it might be listed under Sense) and clear cache. See if that fixes your problem.

big_c#CB

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for looking. It's just the Guardian (UK) that we are seeing this, and only in the last month.

I did try as you suggest - the cache never goes below 12k, and in any case that sadly did not help. I also tried killing the process (HTC BlinkFeed) to force a restart, and also clearing all the program Data (and rebuilding the list of feeds). Sadly, still does not work.

It's really odd that we see pictures for some Guardian stories - perhaps one in 20.

The wife can't live without her pictures from the Guardian, and this is ruining here otherwise pleasant transition to HTC - so any other suggestions welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995