Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Favorites facial icons suddenly disappeared

On the wife's HTC One Mini, suddenly most, but not all, of the facial icons in her "Favorites" disappeared. If, while on the page with the Favorites widget that shows 14 favorite contacts, I hit the group icon in the upper right corner, it shifts to a new frame that shows all the facial icons as they originally were. Shift back to the original page and the majority of the faces disappear.
    If I try to dial a contact by typing their name after hitting the phone icon and getting the keypad up, their face shows up, but as soon as I tap their number, the facial icon goes back to generic.
    This all started when I installed and uninstalled Waze, don't know if there is a connection.
    If I add a new person to the favorite widget, their facial icon will show up for a while, and then without doing anything on the phone, the facial icon disappears, going back to the generic shadow.
    Any ideas? Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Favorites facial icons suddenly disappeared

touching the generic facial icon brought up a camera button that brought up a screen with a choice of preferred icons, phoneboook, google, waze, etc. If I selected Google, then went to my starred contacts in gmail on the wife's PC and set in a new photo for the contact, the facial icon for the favorite was restored with the new photo.
    Still can't figure out why it all happened.