Bought a used HTC One that has a ROM flashed. How do I flash it back to stock?

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought a secondhand HTC One and it ends up that it is already rooted and has TrickDroid flashed onto it. I've flashed ROMs before, but it was on a Galaxy Nexus which made it really easy. So I've read how to root it/unlock it/etc, but how do I put everything back to original?

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You know what, I just want to know what I need to flash other ROMs. What tools do I need to make sure I'm doing it right? If I had done it from the beginning it would be easier. I'm guessing the bootloader is unlocked.

Last edited:

howsannie

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the AT&T HTC ONE. I am having a hell of a time trying to unroot/ flash the stock rom back on to it from my Mac. Is there anyway to run the RUU on a mac?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the AT&T HTC ONE. I am having a hell of a time trying to unroot/ flash the stock rom back on to it from my Mac. Is there anyway to run the RUU on a mac?
That im not sure, Have you googled it ? Do you have a friend with a windows machine you could use. Or check the few links i posted.. Hope this helps

[TUT][Win/Mac/Linux] Back to stock using RUU and fastboot - xda-developers

[TUT] Update your phone via RUU in Linux/Mac [VirtualBox] - xda-developers

OpenRUU for Linux & Mac - NEW! Extract rom.zip from any RUU! BETA2 - xda-developers

howsannie

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I was actually able to re-lock the boot loader from my mac, but now im in a boot loop. I cant get myself out of it, no matter what I select from the menu it just brings me back to the boot menu.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If you have a friend that has a windows pc or you have access to one, download Sasoons All in One toolkit for the ATT HTC one which is also known as the M7. In that toolkit is a heading on the left side upper top to "relock to HTC Dev." click that and the bootloader will relock. Then find the RUU for your ATT (which is the M7).AndroidFiles RUU Download the RUU to a folder you can find and then click the exe. then let it do its thing. This will put the HTC One back to factory shipped , set up and enjoy a factory HTC One.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Which is the ruu for the AT&T M7

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_Cingular_1.26.502.12.exe - Bugsy Lawson's Resource

I have read before that AT&T uses the name Cingular on its RUUs and OTAs or something like that, so that should be it. Make sure you relock the bootloader first when you're in fastboot mode by typing "fastboot oem lock" and after it's done, install the RUU. Make sure you have more than 30% of battery left because it'll take a while to install this RUU.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish