****Will we be able to put the ROM from the HTC One Google Edition on the AT&T HTC One?****

Dstark125

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just made the switch from iOS to Android.

I used to jailbreak and mod the iPhone, but do not have any experience with modding Android.

When the Google Edition of the HTC One comes out will I be able to root my AT&T version with Sense and put the Google Edition's ROM on it?

I'm just wondering how easy it is to go back and forth, if I do get the Google Edition ROM on there will I be able to turn it back to the AT&T version?

I am curious as to the difficulty of this process.

-David

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I just made the switch from iOS to Android.

I used to jailbreak and mod the iPhone, but do not have any experience with modding Android.

When the Google Edition of the HTC One comes out will I be able to root my AT&T version with Sense and put the Google Edition's ROM on it?

I'm just wondering how easy it is to go back and forth, if I do get the Google Edition ROM on there will I be able to turn it back to the AT&T version?

I am curious as to the difficulty of this process.

-David
The Google edition has different hardware so it will need to be ported and im sure it will bw done. And yes you will be able to go from rom to rom and go back to stock if you choose.

Dstark125

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Ah, answered perfectly.

So the Google Edition WILL have different hardware. What I am trying to do is avoid 3rd party versions. For example I would like to be able to download the exact unedited Google Edition ROM and slap it right on the phone. A port to the AT&T version should not require too much editing though, and should be stable.

Thanks!
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34