Sense ROM based on 4.2.2 for AT&T HTC One

Davidjacobs21

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Are there any of these roms out there that are good and stable now. I hear a lot about clean rom 3.0, but its still based on 4.1.2. Is there anything out there better then that for 4.2.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

SSG_Gunz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: sense rom based on 4.2.2 for att htc one

I'm running Android Revolution 12.0 on my H1. It's a sense 5.0 ROM with 4.2.2 and it runs pretty smooth.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Can't go wrong with Android Revolution HD. There are some tweaks in the installation process (AROMA) which you can choose to install or ignore. Just read the features of each ROM:

Android Revolution HD: [ROM] Android Revolution HD 12.1 | 4.2.2 | High Quality & Performance | 2.24.401.1 - xda-developers

TrickDroid (great ROM with some very nice tweaks and themes): [ROM][27 JUN] TrickDroid 8.0.0 | Sense 5.0 | Google Edition | Tweaks | 2.19.401.1 - xda-developers

ViperOne (the best tweaks out there, has almost everything you can imagine, however I tried it more than once but found it to be buggy so I removed it): [ROM][JULY 5] Team Venom ViperOne 1.2.1 | Venom Tweaks | OTA Updates - xda-developers It may work well for you just like it does for others.

Android Revolution HD is probably what you want to go for since it is basically stock but faster and with better battery life and of course less bloated.

SSG_Gunz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

Yea it does, but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head though. After you flash the rom it goes through an instatlltion process and asks you bascially what you want installed on the device to get better battery life among other things. And I also think there is wifi tethering also.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Yea it does, but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head though. After you flash the rom it goes through an instatlltion process and asks you bascially what you want installed on the device to get better battery life among other things. And I also think there is wifi tethering also.

That's true, however you do not really need to install a custom ROM for that, you can enable tethering by rooting the device and installing an application like Wireless Tether for Root Users or similar.

SSG_Gunz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

That's true, however you do not really need to install a custom ROM for that, you can enable tethering by rooting the device and installing an application like Wireless Tether for Root Users or similar.

I remember trying it before and the app didn't work for me and I was rooted. I'll try it again though to see if the updates made it any better.

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Another Rev HD question: is the black band at the bottom of the screen gone, as in 4.2.2? Oh and just one more, probably more important: the full LTE/4G functionality is retained?
Cheers Mark

Posted via Android Central App

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Another Rev HD question: is the black band at the bottom of the screen gone, as in 4.2.2? Oh and just one more, probably more important: the full LTE/4G functionality is retained?
Cheers Mark

Yes and yes. I just said it is based on 2.24 so it is basically the same 4.2.2 as the OTA but with better performance, battery life and some tweaks during installation.

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I flashed Rev HD tonight, very happy with it so far, except the phone still has the black bar at the bottom of the screen... Should I lock the bootloader now?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings > display and you'll find an option to change how the home key works. Pick the second choice and the black bar will go away. Why do you want to lock the bootloader? Don't do that because when you want to unlock it again it will wipe everything on your SD card.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been switching between the ADHD GE and ADHD 12.1. Both are great. Android revolution is good stuff mmm kay :)

HTC One - ARHD GE 2.0 / ARHD 12.1 Bulletproof kernel
Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37