Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sense ROM based on 4.2.2 for AT&T HTC One

Are there any of these roms out there that are good and stable now. I hear a lot about clean rom 3.0, but its still based on 4.1.2. Is there anything out there better then that for 4.2.

Thanks

Default Re: sense rom based on 4.2.2 for att htc one

I'm running Android Revolution 12.0 on my H1. It's a sense 5.0 ROM with 4.2.2 and it runs pretty smooth.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yeah i read about that one, but i heard it adds no extra functionality. is that right?

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

Can't go wrong with Android Revolution HD. There are some tweaks in the installation process (AROMA) which you can choose to install or ignore. Just read the features of each ROM:

Android Revolution HD: [ROM] Android Revolution HD 12.1 | 4.2.2 | High Quality & Performance | 2.24.401.1 - xda-developers

TrickDroid (great ROM with some very nice tweaks and themes): [ROM][27 JUN] TrickDroid 8.0.0 | Sense 5.0 | Google Edition | Tweaks | 2.19.401.1 - xda-developers

ViperOne (the best tweaks out there, has almost everything you can imagine, however I tried it more than once but found it to be buggy so I removed it): [ROM][JULY 5] Team Venom ViperOne 1.2.1 | Venom Tweaks | OTA Updates - xda-developers It may work well for you just like it does for others.

Android Revolution HD is probably what you want to go for since it is basically stock but faster and with better battery life and of course less bloated.

Yea it does, but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head though. After you flash the rom it goes through an instatlltion process and asks you bascially what you want installed on the device to get better battery life among other things. And I also think there is wifi tethering also.

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_Gunz View Post
    Yea it does, but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head though. After you flash the rom it goes through an instatlltion process and asks you bascially what you want installed on the device to get better battery life among other things. And I also think there is wifi tethering also.
    That's true, however you do not really need to install a custom ROM for that, you can enable tethering by rooting the device and installing an application like Wireless Tether for Root Users or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by TarekElsakka View Post
    That's true, however you do not really need to install a custom ROM for that, you can enable tethering by rooting the device and installing an application like Wireless Tether for Root Users or similar.
    I remember trying it before and the app didn't work for me and I was rooted. I'll try it again though to see if the updates made it any better.

Default Re: Sense ROM based on 4.2.2 for AT&T HTC One

Does Revolution HD have the same camera improvements as the OTA 4.2.2?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

Quote Originally Posted by markfireblade97 View Post
    Does Revolution HD have the same camera improvements as the OTA 4.2.2?

Yes. 12.21 is based on 2.24 which is the same one 4.2.2 is based on.
    digitalbreak likes this.

Cool, thank you.

Another Rev HD question: is the black band at the bottom of the screen gone, as in 4.2.2? Oh and just one more, probably more important: the full LTE/4G functionality is retained?
    Cheers Mark

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

Another Rev HD question: is the black band at the bottom of the screen gone, as in 4.2.2? Oh and just one more, probably more important: the full LTE/4G functionality is retained?
    Cheers Mark

Yes and yes. I just said it is based on 2.24 so it is basically the same 4.2.2 as the OTA but with better performance, battery life and some tweaks during installation.

Cool, thank you, just wanted to be sure before I try it....

I flashed Rev HD tonight, very happy with it so far, except the phone still has the black bar at the bottom of the screen... Should I lock the bootloader now?

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

Go to settings > display and you'll find an option to change how the home key works. Pick the second choice and the black bar will go away. Why do you want to lock the bootloader? Don't do that because when you want to unlock it again it will wipe everything on your SD card.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

I've been switching between the ADHD GE and ADHD 12.1. Both are great. Android revolution is good stuff mmm kay :-)

HTC One - ARHD GE 2.0 / ARHD 12.1 Bulletproof kernel
    Nexus 7 - Cyanogenmod
    Tab 2 7 - Cyanogenmod

Still have a black bar, i.e. the launcher bar. Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

If I want to try the GE ROM I assume I'll have to do a backup first, as the phone can only run one at a time...

Now I have Rev HD installed I don't seem to have Developer Options in Settings. Is that cos the phone is rooted?

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM10 nightly/CleanROM 2.4

Now I have Rev HD installed I don't seem to have Developer Options in Settings. Is that cos the phone is rooted?

Settings>About>Software Info>More> tap build number a bunch of times to bring back dev settings

Hey you're right, that's cool thank you....

Does Android Revolution HD have OTA updates (not HTC OTA, but Android Revolution OTA) like Maximus 7 ROM or Do I have to flash new releases of the ROM every time?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

No it doesn't have OTA updates. You'll have to dirty flash new versions but it's basically the same thing as updating since nothing will be changed (choose to install without wiping SD).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    digitalbreak likes this.

Is battery life really improved with ARHD 12.1? I have installed it on my One this past Monday and the battery is draining way faster than in Stock. I've tried greenify, used wake lock detector to identify those processes making cpu wakes, deep sleep when phone off, and even did the controversial wipe battery stats and still see battery drain.

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ViperOne M8

Quote Originally Posted by flexfield View Post
    Is battery life really improved with ARHD 12.1? I have installed it on my One this past Monday and the battery is draining way faster than in Stock. I've tried greenify, used wake lock detector to identify those processes making cpu wakes, deep sleep when phone off, and even did the controversial wipe battery stats and still see battery drain.

It's supposed to be. I use all those things you mentioned but with Bulletproof kernel installed (INSTALL THAT!) and I get over a day of fairly heavy usage.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast