Run both cyanogen and teamSeven Rom on htc one ATT

radsherwin

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I want the teamSeven rom because it allows me to use the htc logo as a menu button. Also lets me use homebutton to wake phone. I want Cyanogen mod because Some apps require android 4.2.2 and I don't have that. how do I install both? I have teamSeven already installed. and cmod files and gapp files are all in my phone. How do I install them? I have the teamwin thing. Sorry for my englishand my lack of knowledge on everything. I fast reply would be awesome this is my first android phone.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
You can install Cynanogen ROM and TeamSeven (or similar) kernel which will allow all the tweaks you want like Logo 2 Menu, Sweep2Wake, DoubleTap2Wake, etc.

Link to TeamSeven's Kernel: [kernel][Jul21][sense4.2.2|GoogleEdn]teaMSeven2.1.5|TapWake|S2W|BLN|OTG|Hotplug|OC|UV - xda-developers

There are also others like ElemntalX, Bulletproof (which I personally run and find amazing) and many more.

After reading TeamSeven Kernel's thread, I am not sure if it will work on Cynanogen ROM or not. The thing is, it says for Android 4.2.2 Sense ROMs and Stock Google Edition ROMs (non AOSP!) which I believe means it won't work on AOSP-based ROMs like CynanogenMod. You can just install CM, make a Nandroid Backup and keep trying kernels (TeamSeven, Bulletproof, ElementalX and others) until you find one that works.

radsherwin

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So should I restore back before I rooted or back before I installed TeamSeven? Also I;m not sure what nandroid is. Finally should I install Cynanogen 1st then Try ElementalX and the others you listed?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Basically download Cynanogen ROM (zip file) and place it on your SD card. Also download ElementalX or Bulletproof and place it on your SD card. Go to recovery, choose to wipe system and data and then install Cynanogen ROM. After installing Cynanogen ROM, make a backup. The backup option is available on both CWM and TWRP. On CWM I believe it will say "Backup & Restore" so tap that and then backup. On TWRP it will just say "Backup" so tap that and slide to start.

After you're done with the backup, do not reboot system and just install the kernel which you placed on your SD card (elementalx or bulletproof), choose the options you want in AROMA and then reboot the system.

radsherwin

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank You . But I still have some few questions. 1)Do I need to install Gapps? 2)When I hit apps TWRP says It will wipe Data,Cache and Dalvik. I talso says most of the time this is all I need to wipe. Should I just wipe those or click advanced and wipe system as well. 3)I made a backup to titaniumbackup but Does this wipe my apps, Contacts etc?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
1) Yes, Cynanogen Mod is basically empty. You'll need to install the GAPPS zip file. Get it from their website.
2) Wipe Data, Cache, Delvik Cache and System.
3) If you made a full Titanium (user apps + all system data) then your contacts and such are backed up; however (and this is very important) TitaniumBackup has issues restoring system files when the ROMs you're using are different. If TeamSeven is Sense-based, for instance, a lot of system files will not work with Cynanogen Mod when you restore using Titanium Backup because, well, the systems are different. It also happens when you're restoring backed up system files from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 or 2.17 to 2.24, if you know what I mean.

Use third party applications to backup contacts, text messages, call logs and such.

Call Logs Backup & Restore
SMS Backup & Restore

I use those - they're free on the Playstore.

As for contacts, mine are already on GMAIL so I use Gmail to restore. I am sure there are applications on the Playstore to backup contacts, though.

radsherwin

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I installed ElementalX and kept everything to stock HTC one except the htc logo hack. But now I'm stuck in the HTC quietly brilliant bootloading screen,

Last edited:

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Try hard rebooting (power + volume down button until it reboots). If it doesn't boot, then unfortunately the kernels aren't compatible with AOSP-based ROMs. Search in XDA-Developers (One Original Android Development) section for kernels that work with AOSP ROMs.

radsherwin

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
also Cyanogen mod also seems to remove htcs wallpapers and when I download them from the internet. They seem to get REALLY expanded which is really annoying

EDIT: never mind I fixed it

Last edited:

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I do not use AOSP ROMs. This is probably no what you're looking for but the Google Edition ROM is the closest to an AOSP-based ROM with gapps installed and almost every kernel for the HTC One supports it, I'd honestly go for that. You can also uninstall any system applications you don't want from it using Titanium Backup if you root.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Cynanogen Mod is AOSP as in stock Android (like the one on Nexus). Google Edition is basically stock Android with GAPPS installed (Google Applications) and also has some features and apps specifically for HTC. Sense 5 is HTC's UI (User Interface) which comes with the device from factory (unless it's a Google Play Edition of course).

Andy Hostetler

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
The thing is, it says for Android 4.2.2 Sense ROMs and Stock Google Edition ROMs (non AOSP!) which I believe means it won't work on AOSP-based ROMs like CynanogenMod. You can just install CM, make a Nandroid Backup and keep trying kernels (TeamSeven, Bulletproof, ElementalX and others) until you find one that works.

So does this mean that TeamSeven could work with Switch? I'm pretty surface-level with my understanding beyond flashing ROMs, but the idea of getting rid of the black menu bars is great.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000