Just rooted, flashed ARHD 12.1 and now firmware question?

Nutzer

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
All,

I just rooted and flashed ARHD12.1. Everything is running great. For some reason, not sure if its in my head, by I feel my signal is fluctuating a bit more than before I rooted. It could very well be in my head. BUT in anycase I been combing through the XDA forums and the wealth of info on flashing firmware is confusing the crap out of me. Can anyone pleast explain and point me to the right direction in flashing a firmware. OR tell me you think its a bad idea.
First off, I have the HTC One Dev Edition running on the AT&T network.

• From what I know, I need to be S-OFF, with SUPERCID in order for me to flash the latest firmware.(I am S-OFF, but not SuperCID)
  • What or which firmware do you recommed me flashing?
  • Does it matter if I flash the latest WWE firmware? Will this effect my signal in the states?

That is it. I really appreciate your help and opinions.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend flashing a firmware because I have tried it before and it messed everything up and I had to restore the device using a RUU and that's beside the fact that signal quality has nothing to do with firmware (as far as I know) but rather with radio/modem.

I had a similar problem with fluctuating signals and on and off Mobile Data quality. I actually had as far as I can remember and the ONLY thing that fixed it was flashing an updated radio version for WWE devices (like mine and yours). I got it from this thread. You'd need a custom recovery in order to install it but I am sure you already have one since you're using Android Revolution HD.

Download the zip file, put it on your SD, boot into recovery and install it.

There are two radios in the thread I linked to above, and I flashed this radio specifically: Download latest Radio from 2.17 base - 4A.16.3250.24_10.38.1150.03L

I noticed the difference almost immediately after flashing so I hope it works for you as well.

EDIT: There's also a collection of different radios available on XDA developers in this thread. IF the radio update I posted above doesn't really work for you, give the different radio dumps a try, hopefully one of them will work best for you where you are located.

Nutzer

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol