Vanilla AOSP Verizon

enchilada

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
With the Verizon edition of the phone dropping Thursday, I have so far planned to commit to the HTC One for the next two years. My plan so far has been to put a vanilla edition of Android onto the phone, which while I'll admit I'm not yet entirely sure how to do, I am quite sure I'll be able to figure it out.

However, all of the versions of vanilla android that I have so far seen are available for GSM phones only, specifically leaving out Sprint, Verizon's sister CDMA network. Is this because of serious complications that make it rather unlikely to see many vanilla android editions for Verizon, or is it because there really just aren't that many developers for Sprint? I've been waiting for the phone for a while, but I may seriously consider a Galaxy or something along those lines if my customization options with the One aren't significantly greater than what I have with my current iPhone 4.

Even if there are no ROM options available, are there other approaches that allow for something nearer a stock experience?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does the stock htc one have lag like the gs4? With gs4 specs I don't see why it lags but no sense in going to vzw one (for me) if it lags.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It depends will the vzw boot loader get unlocked and will it see root? Once that hurdle is met then developers can start baking roms

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Does the stock htc one have lag like the gs4? With gs4 specs I don't see why it lags but no sense in going to vzw one (for me) if it lags.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I thought it lagged slightly, but not like the S4. I only used sense for around like two minutes before desensing my phone though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping a Google Edition ROM (Preferred) or CyanogenMod ROM make it to the Verizon HTC One quickly. My biggest concern is the mic failure that seems to be pretty common.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac