Vanilla lockscreen

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I remember using a sense based ROM which had the lock screen option in aroma installer I believe. I want to say it was viper ROM maybe...

Posted via Android Central App

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I can't remember. Trickdroid and revolution HD are the only other two I used but I know for sure one of them let me choose to use the stock lock screen.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not too sure but you can come close to the vanilla lockscreen with WidgetLocker.

Otherwise, you can try extracting the system files that contain the lockscreen from an AOSP ROM. (It should be linked to Systemui.apk though you'd have to decompile and add components from the AOSP ROM's Systemui.apk, recompile it and then add the modded file back to your phone.)

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I can't remember. Trickdroid and revolution HD are the only other two I used but I know for sure one of them let me choose to use the stock lock screen.

I'm on Sprint so those roms are incompatible. There is an option in Rom cleaner but the lockscreen is not clear like the ice style vanilla one I'm looking for.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
ViperOne has a huge collection of tweaks inside the ROM called "VenomTweaks" which you can find in the App Drawer and under Settings. Yes, inside VenomTweaks there is an option to use AOSP Lockscreen (if that's the one you're talking about) rather than the Sense one, and it has widgets and everything 100% functional.

TrickDroid gives you that option in AROMA either during its installation or during the installation of an add-on called "TrickDroid Themes & Tweaks" which also has a huge collection of tweaks and themes, one of which is installing AOSP Lockscreen, camera and a bunch of other AOSP stuff.

There's a lockscreen on the Playstore called Holo Locker which looks identical to Vanilla Lockscreen but doesn't support widgets. You can install that and use TitaniumBackup to freeze your original lockscreen so it doesn't get in the way.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
ViperOne has a huge collection of tweaks inside the ROM called "VenomTweaks" which you can find in the App Drawer and under Settings. Yes, inside VenomTweaks there is an option to use AOSP Lockscreen (if that's the one you're talking about) rather than the Sense one, and it has widgets and everything 100% functional.

TrickDroid gives you that option in AROMA either during its installation or during the installation of an add-on called "TrickDroid Themes & Tweaks" which also has a huge collection of tweaks and themes, one of which is installing AOSP Lockscreen, camera and a bunch of other AOSP stuff.

There's a lockscreen on the Playstore called Holo Locker which looks identical to Vanilla Lockscreen but doesn't support widgets. You can install that and use TitaniumBackup to freeze your original lockscreen so it doesn't get in the way.

I still can't use viper due to Sprint taking forever to update. I uses viper on my evo 3D as my daily. Team venom is the best out there.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Holo has kind of a delay in returning to the lockscreen. Is there anyway just to keep the original sense lock without the weather widgets?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can change the layout of your lock screen. There should be like a music, weather, news, etc. In the setting somewhere.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can change the layout of your lock screen. There should be like a music, weather, news, etc. In the setting somewhere.

I'm trying to either get a straight round ics style vanilla lock or just the sense lock with everything else removed.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you freeze HTC Lockscreen using TitaniumBackup after installing Holo Locker?

I don't know about your second question, sorry.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Settings > personalize > lock screen > choose wallpaper

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Without the clock and weather widget. I know how to get the jellybean lock by adding .bak to htclockscreen.apk in system/app but Im trying to have the ics style version of the lock as part of the system instead of a widget without that glow around it during opening the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes