S-Off Failure

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to get S-Off using revone so I can go to a stock RUU but it keeps giving me a fail, error code -1, message. I've been following one of the YouTube tutorials that uses a terminal emulator. The first part runs OK but after rebooting it fails the actual s-off request. Phone is rooted and running a GPE ROM. Any ideas anyone?
Cheers Mark

Posted via Android Central App

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried doing it using a computer? And are you sure you're following the exact steps? And do you know how to open an ADB shell so you can access the revone file? That part confused me at first, but it turned out to be quite easy.

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It's OK now thanks Tarek, it's due to the way I was restarting the phone after the -P stage. All done now, we have S-Off!

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I was powering down completely then up again into bootloader, rather than forcing it to reboot, if that makes sense. I was running a GPE ROM which didn't have the option to restart from the power on/off screen like Sense does.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm running arhd, are you holding down a combination of buttons to force a reboot or are you using the restart option when pressing the power key? Sorry but I tried for about an hour and finally gave up! Thanks!

markfireblade97

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Held the power key down until it all went off then pressed vol down key to power into bootloader as it all came back on again. I don't have a restart button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21