Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jcorv58
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TrickDroid Rom Compatible with Logo2Menu Kernals?

I want to install Trickdroid because It's like Android Revolution and Viper One Rom Combined, but I really need the logo2Menu button that comes with Kernals like (TeamSeven, Bulletproof, ElementalX, and Wolfpack)

So far I tested bulletproof and it doesn't work. Can someone link me to a download that is compatible?

I HAVE AT&T

Global Posts
    901 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne M8

Default Re: TrickDroid Rom Compatible with Logo2Menu Kernals?

If you're talking about TrickDroid 10.0 which is based on Android JellyBean 4.3, then no, there aren't any custom kernels that work with it at the moment. However, you can always install an older version of either Android Revolution HD or TrickDroid (8.0, for instance) and install a custom kernel on it. ViperOne is still based on Android Jellybean 4.2 so custom kernels should be okay with it.
    HTC One M8 - ViperOne 2.3.0
    HTC One M7 - InsertCoin 4.0.2
    BlackBerry 9900
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Does the older versions of Trickdroid Have a big difference than 10.0? The reason I won't get Viper is because I had it and it got my phone REALLy hot, and I just had ADHD and it was really good but It had no customization which i want.

Global Posts
    901 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne M8

Go to TrickDroid's thread and read the changelog. It'll tell you what has been added/removed/updated and such. Most, if not all, of the things that were added came with Android 4.3, though, which is why they aren't available in the older versions of TrickDroid.

The latest Android Revolution HD (also based on 4.3) comes with an application called Sense 5 Toolbox which has a lot of tools, tweaks and modifications that I find superb and more than enough. OF course it isn't as feature packed as ViperOne (nothing even comes close to that), but it has all the necessary things to have a good experience with the device. Logo2Menu is a kernel feature which can be installed to any ROM, but only 4.2-based ones for now, which means you'll have to wait for the developer of the kernel to update first.

I'd say visit both TrickDroid's and ARHD's threads, read the changelog and decide for yourself. If you decide on ARHD, you'll find in the page that there's an announcement on top to get the latest version of the application Sense5Toolbox.apk which has even more features than the one provided with the ROM.
    BlackBerry 9900
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So which do you say has the best Battery, Performance, and Customization Total Overall?. Obvisouly ADHD has th ebest battery and performance but I just found out about the new android 4.3 update
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ok I got ADHD do you know how to install 4x5 grid? and the custom boot and downboot animations?

Global Posts
    901 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne M8

You can get custom boot and down animations can be found in the Themes & Apps section on XDA-developers and most of which are installed through recovery or by replacing certain files. I am not sure how to install the 4x5 grid but I am guessing it can be found in either the section I mentioned above or in the Android Development section. Just do a search.

I have tested so many ROMs and I must say that just about any ROM with Bulletproof kernel installed will have superb battery life and performance. Without bulletproof kernel installed, they are all just about the same to me. I am patiently waiting for a new Bulletproof to be released that would support the latest 4.3 Jellybean because the device just isn't the same without it. I am not getting a good battery life at all from ARHD at the moment but that's because I only installed the ROM yesterday and I'll have to leave it for a couple of days for the battery life to settle.
    BlackBerry 9900
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thank so much you have been very helpful, but I sitll have one question how do I get a 4x5 grid? I checked the ADHD tweaks and the mod that allowed you to do this only works with 4.2.2.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

The Sens 5 toolbox doesn't seem to work I removed some things from the EQS and did some volume changes and a lot of other thigns. non of them worked

Global Posts
    901 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne M8

For the Sense 5 Toolbox application to work, you'll have to install Xposed Framework which you can get from here: [FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.1.4)(12.05.2013) - xda-developers just follow the instructions, it's fairly easy to install.

After installing Xposed and rebooting, open Xposed again, tap Modules and check on Sense 5 Toolbox then reboot your device. Everything should work.
    BlackBerry 9900

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Tbalden has a kernel (beta) out for 4.3 Sense now, (has L2M), from what I've read, it works pretty well.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    901 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperOne M8

Could you please provide a link for that? I am looking at his thread but nothing regarding Sense 4.3 is mentioned. [Kernel][Aug26][sense4.2|GoogleEd4.3]teaMSeven2.1.5|TapWake|S2W|BLN|OTG|Hotplug|OC|UV - xda-developers

Thanks for your input.
    BlackBerry 9900

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Post for both the Performance beta and the stable edition for sense 4.3 beta. I'll probably try his out as soon as TrickDroid gets the updated 4.3 with full tweaks (center clock is only thing holding me back, I'm very picky)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1756

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    TarekElsakka likes this.