I just made and ADB and Fastboot installer

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
After always searching for the latest versions or installgin the whole Android SDK just for ADB, I just made an MSI installer that will install the latest versions of ADB and Fastboot. It will append the installation folder to the PATH system variable so you can use abd and fastboot commands from anywhere in the command prompt without the need to change the current directory first.

If you are interested, I posted a new thread in the Software Development section of this forum or you can read more about it and download at my website.

I hope you guys find it useful.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm you could have just had it install them both to the C:\%windir% directory. You wouldn't have to add them to the system path or anything and you would have the same effect. But good job, I'm sure a lot of people will find it useful. Now is there an option to auto update?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hmm you could have just had it install them both to the C:\%windir% directory. You wouldn't have to add them to the system path or anything and you would have the same effect. But good job, I'm sure a lot of people will find it useful. Now is there an option to auto update?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for the lag on the reply. I chose the default path to C\ADB because that directory will be used to copy, delete and rename file while flashing or tinkering with our phones. Using %WINDIR% or another path would require more clicks to access it. As my installer can append any directory to the system PATH variable, you can always change the default installation folder.

About updating, I would need to write a program to check for updates and notify the user. This would add complexity to an otherwise very simple mean of getting ADB installed and/or distributed on Windows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol