Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GPE 4.3 Rom Android System Usage

Hi All - I'm very new to rooting/flashing roms and had 2 questions in particular. I've searched through multiple threads and wasn't able to find a direct answer. I recently flashed the GPE rom on 4.3 build number JWR66V.H10. So far I love it but I'm seeing an extremely high Android system usage - upwards of 90% at times. I downloaded wakelock and searched through system settings and have not been able to detect where all the usage is coming from. I'm hoping someone might have an idea of what might be causing this? Could daydream be the culprit? I've attached some screenshots below for analysis. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lastly, I did not install any new radio's - is this something you all would recommend? I've read its optional but I've noticed my service at work has been a little on the low side compared to what I've had in the past. Could someone point me in the direction of the correct radio - I have ATT for reference. Once I install do I have to clear/wipe anything again?

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: GPE 4.3 Rom Android System Usage

Take a look at this blog post: Google Services, battery usage and other areas of confusion | Android Central

It will help you understand what's going on with the recent 4.3 upgrades and the high Android System numbers.
    brianr8011 likes this.

I saw on one of the blogs recently (can't recall which one- Android Central, Android Police, Droid-Life are the 3 main ones I go to) that Android System usage has gone up as Google Now has become more powerful. As they add more features and more abilities to it, it has to do more in the background to make it work properly.

The article said that they haven't noticed much in the way of a hit on battery performance and to not really worry about it being so high. If I find the particular article I'll edit this post, but it's probably not anything that should keep you up at night.

I can't help you with your radio question as far as which radio to pick (I'm still on the Radios that came with it), but you don't have to wipe anything to flash a new radio. It's separate from the OS.

EDIT: srkmagnus (above) linked to the article while I was typing my post.
    --HTC Droid Eris - HTC Droid Incredible - Motorola Droid X - VZW Galaxy Nexus - AT&T HTC One M7
    --Nexus7
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Wow, thanks a lot for the replies! I didn't notice too much of a battery hit, but I was still curious as I've never seen system usage so high on any of my other android phones. Also, good news about the radio's, now I'll just have to find one and try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by brianr8011 View Post
    I saw on one of the blogs recently (can't recall which one- Android Central, Android Police, Droid-Life are the 3 main ones I go to) that Android System usage has gone up as Google Now has become more powerful. As they add more features and more abilities to it, it has to do more in the background to make it work properly.

The article said that they haven't noticed much in the way of a hit on battery performance and to not really worry about it being so high. If I find the particular article I'll edit this post, but it's probably not anything that should keep you up at night.

I can't help you with your radio question as far as which radio to pick (I'm still on the Radios that came with it), but you don't have to wipe anything to flash a new radio. It's separate from the OS.

EDIT: srkmagnus (above) linked to the article while I was typing my post.