- 28 Posts
Custom ROM -> Battery Calibration Procedure
After installing a custom ROM, I've downloaded a calibration app which recommends:
1) Fully charge the phone to 100%
2) Click "Battery Calibration" (to start the calibration process of replacing batterystats.bin file)
3) Unplug the phone from AC/charge and let the battery FULLY DISCHARGE
So here's my concern...
I've heard that you should NEVER let a battery fully discharge (the closest I've done is 2% on a calibration)...
So why does the developer RECOMMEND A FULL DISCHARGE?
Has anyone done a one-time full discharge upon initial calibration for a new ROM? .... Or did you discharge it to only a low number?
I've also heard that it's best to plug it in to charge right after it goes into "deep sleep" mode (where it fully discharges), for the reason this is the best way.
So here we have 3 opinions on how to calibrate a battery properly.
Anyone care to share their thoughts and/or experiences?
- 09-15-2013, 09:57 AM #2
- 379 Posts
Re: Custom ROM -> Battery Calibration Procedure
Posted via Android Central App
- 09-17-2013, 04:53 PM #3
- By Snareman in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 61Last Post: 09-23-2013, 12:20 AM
- By Dondie Handoy in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 09-22-2013, 10:36 AM
- By Mario Luigi in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 09-16-2013, 09:50 AM
- By BonMay in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 09-14-2013, 07:06 PM
- By adrialk in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 3Last Post: 09-14-2013, 01:54 PM