Flashing 1.29.651.7 to phone via Mac?

Veillantif

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
My Sprint HTC One's software is version 1.29.651.10, but I want to flash 1.29.651.7 (I'll explain why if anyone's curious). Sorry for the ignorant question, but: how do I do this? Some considerations:

• The phone is rooted, unlocked, and s-off. At the moment it's sitting in TWRP recovery mode.
  • I have Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.7_RUU.zip downloaded to my computer and my phone's internal storage. (From here.)
  • When the software's been flashed, I'd like the phone to be rooted and unlocked still. I'm assuming I'd have to do that over again.
  • My desktop computer is a Mac. I gather that this is a problem.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

crushalot

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
My Sprint HTC One's software is version 1.29.651.10, but I want to flash 1.29.651.7 (I'll explain why if anyone's curious). Sorry for the ignorant question, but: how do I do this? Some considerations:

• The phone is rooted, unlocked, and s-off. At the moment it's sitting in TWRP recovery mode.
  • I have Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.7_RUU.zip downloaded to my computer and my phone's internal storage. (From here.)
  • When the software's been flashed, I'd like the phone to be rooted and unlocked still. I'm assuming I'd have to do that over again.
  • My desktop computer is a Mac. I gather that this is a problem.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

If you got that file from my site here:
RUU M7 WLS JB 50 Sprint 1.29.651.7 - HTC1Guru

That is a EXE RUU that has been zipped. Once extracted it would need either a Windows VM on your mac or you would have extract the RUU.zip file to flash in fastboot. How to extract is here:
[HOW TO] Extract rom.zip from RUU.exe - xda-developers

After extracted it just gets flashed in fastboot mode like any other firmware:
Code:
fastboot flash zip sprintruu.zip
You will lose root, but the bootloader will remained unlocked.
Hope that helps.

sig2.jpg

Veillantif

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved. It was just a matter of entering Fastboot commands in the way Terminal takes them (as opposed to Command Prompt). The main difference being that "fastboot" must have a "./" in front of it.

I kept reading everywhere that you absolutely needed a PC to unroot and restore the phone, which isn't true. You can do it with OS X. You can flash the new software through Fastboot if your phone is rooted. (Of course, the problem being that you won't be rooted much longer.)

Last edited: