I lost my hotspot... :'-(

Stamponephoto

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
So I'm on Verizon, and I just replaced my very sluggish G-Nex with a shiny new HTC one ($50 at best buy :D)
First off I was disappointed to find that there is no unlock method as of yet, but then I tried to use my trusty hot-spot work around and it didn't work either, I was crushed.
For years I simply used "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot Widget" right out of the playstore, and my locked not rooted Verizon GNEX magically had a free hotspot..... Goodtimes.
Well no longer the widget no longer works and my Nexus 7 just got a little less interesting. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I am willing to root, but it sounds like that isn't an option at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So I'm on Verizon, and I just replaced my very sluggish G-Nex with a shiny new HTC one ($50 at best buy :D)
First off I was disappointed to find that there is no unlock method as of yet, but then I tried to use my trusty hot-spot work around and it didn't work either, I was crushed.
For years I simply used "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot Widget" right out of the playstore, and my locked not rooted Verizon GNEX magically had a free hotspot..... Goodtimes.
Well no longer the widget no longer works and my Nexus 7 just got a little less interesting. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I am willing to root, but it sounds like that isn't an option at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Rooting will definitely open up this possibility. You can try this app: FoxFi Tether App - Play Store and see if it works without root. Since you are on Verizon I am sure most, if not all, tether apps (including the above) have been removed from the Play Store for Verizon customers.

Let us know what the results are or If you have further questions.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
If rooting is not for you, then just download PDANET+, its a free way to tether without rooting. I've used it for many years now with no problems. It's available in the play store free

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital