Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ryandroid86
  • 1 Post By Ryandroid86
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Google Wallet on rooted phone?

Does anyone know if Google Wallet will work on a rooted AT&T HTC One? I know AT&T blocks it from their phones to try and send you to their ISIS service but I was curious if rooting would bypass that or not? Thanks!

David

Default Re: Google Wallet on rooted phone?

Quote Originally Posted by DQSooner View Post
    Does anyone know if Google Wallet will work on a rooted AT&T HTC One? I know AT&T blocks it from their phones to try and send you to their ISIS service but I was curious if rooting would bypass that or not? Thanks!

David
    I know google wallet is coming out for every phone soon running 4.0 or higher.
    And you dont need to be rooted to use it.
    But rooting doesnt break google wallet. My S4 is running google wallet just fine.
    Your choice. You can wait for the official release on the Play store. Or you can root and do it now
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
    Thanked by:
    DQSooner likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Thanks for the reply. I didn't phrase my question correctly I don't think. I know that Wallet will soon be available to all users but it will have limited capabilities (at least according to my understanding) including not being able to use it for purchases. I was wondering if root would bypass that part or if the restriction was embedded somewhere else in the phone perhaps.

Thanks again!

David

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by DQSooner View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't phrase my question correctly I don't think. I know that Wallet will soon be available to all users but it will have limited capabilities (at least according to my understanding) including not being able to use it for purchases. I was wondering if root would bypass that part or if the restriction was embedded somewhere else in the phone perhaps.

Thanks again!

David

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app
    Oh I see. Yes it should release the possibilities of the applications. I would normally say no, But im sure someone on XDA has made an apk from the GPe HTC one software. So it should work with your phone using NFC purchases in store.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
    Thanked by:
    DQSooner likes this.