Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock, rooted

Default HTC One - Issues booting after full wipe

Hi guys,

Hoping someone will be kind and help me out here!

I was installing the new Revolution HD 30 update to my One (TWRP recovery) and read that to avoid FC's you need to wipe partitions etc. Unfortunately I've done a full wipe which has removed all data, backups, ROM zip file, and the EVEN the installed ROM meaning it wont even boot up!

I've tried pushing a ROM zip file via adb push but keep getting "failed" messages (says the sdcard where I'm pushing to is Read-Only)

I'd be VERY grateful for anyone who can help point me in the right direction!

EDIT: should have mentioned I tried the adb sideload method but with no luck - when I activate sideload in TWRP it just says "Starting ADB Sideload feature" and the progress bar doesn't move.... I only seem to be able to connect via adb when I try to boot the phone and it gets stuck on the boot screen. Whilst in fastboot mode the phone isn't detected.

Thanks, Neil
    Last edited by nstirton; 10-16-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: HTC One - Issues booting after full wipe

The adb sideload bar doesnt move , When it says starting then go ahead with the cmds.
    Look here...[HOW TO] ADB Sideload/Push if you Wipe Internal Storage And have no ROM to Flash - xda-developers

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    The adb sideload bar doesnt move , When it says starting then go ahead with the cmds.
    Look here...[HOW TO] ADB Sideload/Push if you Wipe Internal Storage And have no ROM to Flash - xda-developers
    I had to side load to get it installed, so it is possible to get it done.
    HTC One (M7) Developer Edition - Android Revolution HD Google Edition ROM 4.4.2 - Elemental kernel - ATT | Google Nexus 7 - Stock ROM 4.4.2 (plus tethering) - Elemental kernel - ATT | Apple iPad 2nd Gen 7.1 - Verizon
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock, rooted

Guys,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. After several hours of trying to fix this last night I finally got there.

sideload wouldn't work, however I eventually got the push command working. I pushed the file to a different directory and went from there.

I feel very stupid for wipiing everything in the first place (I'm comforable with flashing, rooting etc), just a moment's lapse of concentraion! If anyone else has the same issues please feel free to contact me and I can help.

Best,

Neil

whew!
    Who am I? Well sir, that's classified!

If I've helped you, hit the THANKS button!

Note 3 AT&T