I must seem like an *****.. Need help.

wwhiterabbit

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
In my defense!! I was with my iphone for a year, but before that android and rooted and rom'd a bunch of phones.... but I need help!! :(

So I have this HTC ONE. I got it rooted, and I loaded CWM Recovery Version 6.0.2.8 What I am trying to do is install THIS Rom on it: Android Revolution [ROM] Android Revolution HD 31.0 ONLINE | High Quality & Performance | Android 4.3 Jelly Bean | HTC Sense 5.5 | 3.62.401.1 | Sense 5 Toolbox 2.4.1 | 24.10.2013 - xda-developers However when ever I go into CWM and load the rom to install it (it has this touch interface to help you set it up Im guessing) I have no touch control on screen..... That has got to be because of my recovery right? (Because the current version of CWM Im using is not touch)

Question: How can I install Android Revolution ROM when it seems to need to have touch interface to install and my screen has no on screen detection in recovery?

Question 2: EVEN more frustrating... So I thought okay well Ill just flash a different recovery, one with touch and see if it fixes it..... How can I flash another recovery now? Since I flashed CWM Ican not get back to fast boot, holding any combination of down +up and power key just takes me to the phone.. Its not loading fastboot or CWM ... I dont even know how to use ADB cmmands to try to install a different recovery or even RUU the phone back to stock and start over because I cant get it to go back to bootloader and select fastboot... (To send it commands using ADB)

Man...I feel so lost any help is greatly appreciated my brain is fried at this point tonight. Goign to bed with a rom I dont want and a phone I have never had this much trouble with.

wwhiterabbit

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
So I paid for CWM touch Recovery as an in App purchase just to be done with it.. So I now have installed CWM touch recovery, and guess what.... still no touch capability in recovery mode...

So I obviously screwed up... So looking back on everything Ive done tonight... I DID wipe the phone... (thinking thats what needed to be done, like ive done hundreds of times on other phones, to install a new ROM) So that screwed something up Im guessing...? Any idea how I can get touch back in recovery mode, or how I can RUU or something similar to get back to stock and start over more carefully.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You probably need to update your firmware from 4.2.x to 4.3

There was many people that had touch screen problems when the update first dropped and everyone started flashing the first ROMs.

I would search around there to find the firmware package with MINUS the new Hboot (bootloader) package.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
As Paul said update the firmware or flash a older version recovery.
Its vol down and power to get into the bootloader

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I installed android revolution hd 31.0 a week or so ago. The aroma installer does look like you can use it as a touchscreen, but you actually have to use the volume rocker to move where you want to move and use the IRbutton as the select button. took me a bit to figure this out. Kinda sucks though, cause when you can't actually see what you have selected because it doesn't change colors, so you really don't know what you've chosen until you select it.

Edit. I am also using CWM and on version 4.3. still wasn't able to use touch screen in aroma. but once ARHD 31.0 is installed all is well.

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I guess it has to do with the recovery you use. I was using clockworkmod (not touch) and that was when I could use the aroma touch portion, I have now installed twrp, which is touch, and when I loaded the viper one rom, which also uses the aroma installer, I was able to use the touch portion in the aroma installer.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been flashing for close to two (2) years, I have found that the TWRP recovery works better on the HTC one with customs and the Aroma installers. Try the TWRP instead of CWM. Even some of the developers recommend the TWRP over CWM for installing their roms.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch