Noob Help - Removing Vodafone branding and installing official HTC firmware

aeropars

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm a noob at this and I cant see anything which will help a noob like me :).
My wife has a HTC One X and its got real problems with the firmware. Its got a lot of crap in it from Vodafone which I want gone so i figured putting the official HTC firmware would at least be a start.

Can anyone help me with a beginners step by step on this? I've searched everywhere but can't find anything out about it.

aeropars

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but this really doesn't help. I've no idea what that is or how I should use it.
Can you please explain?

aeropars

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I've googled that and its clear thats not what I want to do. I want to put on the official HTC firmware.... not the operator versions which is a variant.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm a noob at this and I cant see anything which will help a noob like me :).
My wife has a HTC One X and its got real problems with the firmware. Its got a lot of crap in it from Vodafone which I want gone so i figured putting the official HTC firmware would at least be a start.

Can anyone help me with a beginners step by step on this? I've searched everywhere but can't find anything out about it.

If you just want to take off the apps that were installed by Vodafone, you can root it and then use titanium backup from the play store to remove them.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

aeropars

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Theres some other reasons too which I hope will be corrected like some previously sent SMS messages get resent after a reboot and very poor battery life after one of the Android updates.

I'm not sure I want to go down the custom rom as the wife loves the phone the way it is so i don't want to alienate her by doing that.

Any suggestions?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Theres some other reasons too which I hope will be corrected like some previously sent SMS messages get resent after a reboot and very poor battery life after one of the Android updates.

I'm not sure I want to go down the custom rom as the wife loves the phone the way it is so i don't want to alienate her by doing that.

Any suggestions?

Well, there isn't much you can do if you stay stock I'm afraid to say.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What carrier are you that you have a Vodafone branded phone ? And the one X is a different phone than the ONE. If you root you can install a stock rooted rom which will keep it the same but you will be able to delete the bloat . Also to de-brand a phone you will need to get it s-off and change the cid. A cid is a id the phone gets from its carrier. here is a couple links , just read up some and go from there, it may sound hard but its not if you read read read and ask questions before doing anything you dont understand.

Updated cid list for htc - xda-developers

HTC One X+ - xda-developers

aeropars

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The phone is with Vodafone UK although it has now been unlocked and is currently being used on Three network.

The idea was that I would put a vanilla version of the HTC Androad software, rather than the version which Vodafone have messed around with.

I've been looking at CyanogenMod and that doesnt list the One X as a supported device, just the One. Does that mean the One X Is not supported?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. The phone is with Vodafone UK although it has now been unlocked and is currently being used on Three network.

The idea was that I would put a vanilla version of the HTC Androad software, rather than the version which Vodafone have messed around with.

I've been looking at CyanogenMod and that doesnt list the One X as a supported device, just the One. Does that mean the One X Is not supported?

Go to xda developers and search for a rom for your phone. They have tons there.

ty_buchanan

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Go to Google Play Store. Type in "My Vodafone". You will see a list of My Vodafone apps for various devices. You will see the one installed on your Android phone by "Installed" in red text next to it. Press Installed or somewhere near it and you will be taken to the apps Play Store page. Press "Uninstall" and you are done.

Okay.