Making a Verizon HTC One a GPE to get KitKat?

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible to do two things: First, is it possible to root a Verizon HTC One and make it run the Google Play Edition of the OS? Second, if my first thing is possible, would it work to take the GPE'd HTC one and then put the GPE KitKat on it, or is all of this just crazytalk?

Thanks for your help.

brianr8011

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely possible. There is a how-to on XDA. If I find it I'll edit this post with the link.

[First Edit] - I just noticed you had the Verizon version, so I may have jumped the gun. I know I have read the how to for an ATT/International version, but since I got rid of my VZW GNex, I have not stayed as up to date on their handsets and development.

westiewanderer

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Its definately possible. I had someone here in the forums help me root my Verizon HTC ONE and install a newsense ONE rom..its awesome! There are now 4.4 Kit Kat roms available as well! I will post a link to the thread he started. He will root your Verizon HTC ONE and install any rom you want for a small fee. He used to do it for free but everyone kept promising donations and never did it.

Edit: Here is the Link! http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-one/325706-let-me-help-you-root-root-man-back.html

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21