1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default (VZW) HTC One Unlocked, S-Off, but no Root

I ran rumrunner and got the device unlocked and also got S-Off, but for some reason, it won't flash the root file I guess b/c I still don't have root. Is there a way to manually push the root file to the phone?

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: (VZW) HTC One Unlocked, S-Off, but no Root

Quote Originally Posted by wisdroid View Post
    I ran rumrunner and got the device unlocked and also got S-Off, but for some reason, it won't flash the root file I guess b/c I still don't have root. Is there a way to manually push the root file to the phone?
    If you have a recovery, you can put supersu.zip in your sdcard and flash it.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 

I have not had any luck rooting or getting s-off with my vzw htc one. I am on 4.3 but my hboot is 1.54... Ive tried rumrunner but it always tell me that I need root access... I then try flashing custom recoveries and the signature check always seems to fail.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Shoulders View Post
    I have not had any luck rooting or getting s-off with my vzw htc one. I am on 4.3 but my hboot is 1.54... Ive tried rumrunner but it always tell me that I need root access... I then try flashing custom recoveries and the signature check always seems to fail.
    To flash a custom recovery, you need to unlock your bootloader first.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x