Can I get Sense 5 back?

GlennRen

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, a couple weeks ago I used the Cyanogenmod mod installer from the Google Play Store to get Cyanogenmod. Is there a way I can go back to Sense?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, a couple weeks ago I used the Cyanogenmod mod installer from the Google Play Store to get Cyanogenmod. Is there a way I can go back to Sense?

If you have a recovery installed, you can flash a sense 5 Rom.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

gordongr

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I did the same thing & want to go back I think, CM is a little buggy. I'm looking for a link with hopefully a step by step tutorial. If I find one I'll post it here

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the process of making a new toolkit for the HTC One that will let you flash a recovery, root, etc. all with an easy intuitive interface. That will make it easy for people to flash everything safely. I will post it here in the HTC Forums once I get it done. It shouldn't be too long before I finish.

gordongr

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
If you want me to make one, I can.

That would be great if you have time & don't mind. I'm kinda new at this which is why I used the installer in the 1rst place. I've read bits & pieces here & there & some of the instructions vary but a good clear step by step from the beginning would be helpful to a quite a few people I think

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
That would be great if you have time & don't mind. I'm kinda new at this which is why I used the installer in the 1rst place. I've read bits & pieces here & there & some of the instructions vary but a good clear step by step from the beginning would be helpful to a quite a few people I think

Sure, could you specifically say what needs to be clear? How to unlock the bootloader? How to root? How to get S-OFF? How to flash a rom? Or do you need help with the entire enchilada? :p

gordongr

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, at this point I just used the CM installer, I didn't back anything up but my Google info so I'm assuming I'm going to have to start with getting an official Sense Rom then from there I'm completely lost. I'm not even sure where to her a up to date legitimate rom

gordongr

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I may also wait it out & see if CM can work some bugs out during the next few monthly cycles, I do like the rom it's just a little buggy but a few of those bugs are dealing with the signal & that's getting hard to deal with

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I may also wait it out & see if CM can work some bugs out during the next few monthly cycles, I do like the rom it's just a little buggy but a few of those bugs are dealing with the signal & that's getting hard to deal with

Ok I'll see what I can clear up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol