HTC One - PC doesn't recognize bootloader!

Joseph Martinez94

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
my htc one can't access my pc ! it says device usb not recognized i forgot what i did but i think i was changing the CID into GOOGL001 and I pressed x on the cmd screen and since then it's been like that , my pc is running windows 8 but i also tried it on a windows 7 pc ! HELP! i can't acces fastboot usb.

Last edited by a moderator:

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Htc One - pc doesn't recognize bootloader !

my htc one can't access my pc ! it says device usb not recognized i forgot what i did but i think i was changing the CID into GOOGL001 and I pressed x on the cmd screen and since then it's been like that , my pc is running windows 8 but i also tried it on a windows 7 pc ! HELP! i can't acces fastboot usb.
You don't say if your using adb and for what purpose on what . Can you reboot to the OS ? Then can you adb/reboot/bootloader? or use adb to boot to anything?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

You can try to download HTC Sync as it has the latest version of the HTC drivers. By "running like that" , do you mean that it's stuck in bootloader/fastboot mode or it just won't read your phone?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Joseph Martinez94

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

i have htc sync and everything it works fine ! but i just can't get into usb while in the fastboot mode ! but i can get into usb while in normal mode.

Joseph Martinez94

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

yes i can access the recovery mode, it comes out like this
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-GOOGL001
HBOOT-1.54.0000
RADIO-4T.21.3218.21
OpenDSP-v31.120.274.0617
OS- (2.14.1700.15)
eMMC-boot 2048mb
there, and the screen is black not white like it used to and when i connect it to the computer it says usb device not recognized and its not the computer i just did something! how can i revert it into way back because when i try to my contacts and everything go back but not the bootloader!

Last edited:

Joseph Martinez94

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

my bootloader is not working, or the fastboot mode is not connecting to my computer so i can't change anything or add stuff to it ! and when i turn it on it shows a little black key chain at the bottom of the screen and not the red letters HELP! i cannot access fastboot mode, it says usb not recognized it's because i did something i changed the CID maybe ???

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

my bootloader is not working, or the fastboot mode is not connecting to my computer so i can't change anything or add stuff to it ! and when i turn it on it shows a little black key chain at the bottom of the screen and not the red letters HELP! i cannot access fastboot mode, it says usb not recognized it's because i did something i changed the CID maybe ???

Make sure you aren't using a USB 3.0 port. Trying changing ports. The USB cable might also be the problem. I would recommend using the stock htc cable that came with the phone.

luckyluis

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Hi Joseph,
I have the exact same problem.I have the latest HTC drivers installed(4.2) and my HTC shows up under Devices Manager/ADB Interface.I can also use my usb for normal use(push roms ,etc onto phone)but as soon as the phone goes into Bootloader Mode it disconnects from PC so I can?t do ANYTHING in Bootloader Mode.I?ve tried with various computers(5) and still nothing.I know that it?s something on my phone thats wrong but I?ve searched the internet and haven?t found a FIX or solution.Have you had any luck on your side?
Regards
luckyluis

killthedope

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

did you try using a orginal data cable ?? and try connecting it to the back of the computer ... this worked for me

dkonkin

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

I have been having the same issue with my HTC One international. I have CM 11 (KK) as the ROM. When I hook up USB cable while in BOOTLOADER it does not go to FASTBOOT USB. Interestingly I have a Evita HTC One X that is also running CM 11 (KK) it does go to FASTBOOT USB when I attach same cable to unit when in BOOTLOADER. I have checked all Developer options and they are identical between the two. Is there anything else in Settings I am missing? Hoping it is a simple answer as opposed to hardware!
If it is hardware would I still be able to get warranty if I went to stock ROM?

Thanks,

David

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I have been having the same issue with my HTC One international. I have CM 11 (KK) as the ROM. When I hook up USB cable while in BOOTLOADER it does not go to FASTBOOT USB. Interestingly I have a Evita HTC One X that is also running CM 11 (KK) it does go to FASTBOOT USB when I attach same cable to unit when in BOOTLOADER. I have checked all Developer options and they are identical between the two. Is there anything else in Settings I am missing? Hoping it is a simple answer as opposed to hardware!
If it is hardware would I still be able to get warranty if I went to stock ROM?

Thanks,

David

Reinstall the drivers and see if that helps

dkonkin

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

I appreciate the reply but if it works for the One X and not for the One would it not be more like an issue with the One?

Also, I should have mentioned that I am using a MacBook Pro and I was always under the impression it was not necessary to install drivers when using Apple operating system.

Meanwhile I will look for drivers to install.

I appreciate your support.

David
Reinstall the drivers and see if that helps

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I appreciate the reply but if it works for the One X and not for the One would it not be more like an issue with the One?

Also, I should have mentioned that I am using a MacBook Pro and I was always under the impression it was not necessary to install drivers when using Apple operating system.

Meanwhile I will look for drivers to install.

I appreciate your support.

David
Here's the drivers
[DRIVERS] Latest HTC Drivers [4.2.0.001] - xda-developers

dkonkin

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

I always thought OSX operating system on a MacBook Pro did not need drivers. I opened the files you referred to and they refer to Windows. I then did a search on Android forums and under development and connecting a PC to Android;

'Set up your system to detect your device.
If you're developing on Windows, you need to install a USB driver for adb. For an installation guide and links to OEM drivers, see the OEM USB Drivers document.
If you're developing on Mac OS X, it just works. Skip this step.'

I appreciate the support but since I can get FASTBOOT USB on my HTC One X and not on the HTC One I am still pretty certain the One X has an issue. It does not look like drivers are needed in my Mac.

David

If I am out in left field please let me know! From what I have read this issue with FASTBOOT USB not working is quite common so there must be an answer and it may simply be HTC One hardware but before I put it back to stock to send in would like to cover all other options.

Thanks all.

David

Thanks

sunny742893

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey i have same problem after lots of effort i finally found alternate way

i tried this method u can also try

root your phone first bykingo boot or other software
after root install falshify.apk
after install it grant permission to flashify
now select flash recovery and select your downloaded cwm recovery.img
now restart phone and in the recovery mode you can select install zip
and select rom you want to install thats it
enjoy

dhigby

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have this with two HTC One S phones now:
Latest HTC Drivers installed
When in Recovery, I can connect via ADB
Fastboot always says USB device not recognized
I have tested this on 5 different computers now
I have tested with various cables.
I am guessing that the Lolipop upgrade that I tried on these phones must have done something to kill the fastboot connectivity.

Unfortunately, the ROM is not in a workable state and because the phones are s-on I can't flash the boot image.

Therefore, the phones are pretty much bricked unless I can get a fastboot connection. Without that, I can't even run a RUU factory update because the software does not recognize the phone is attached.

If you've got a solution I haven't tried, I'd love to hear it.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Try starting your phone up normally (not in recovery mode) and connect it to your PC. Then, in a terminal window use the "adb devices" command and see if your PC recognizes your phone. If it does, you can use the fastboot command to reboot your phone into fastboot mode.

mattkle

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
i have the same issue with my one m7. can access recovery and bootloader but nothing i do makes it detect device. have you found a solution?

oneshotgogetter

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I have this with two HTC One S phones now:
Latest HTC Drivers installed
When in Recovery, I can connect via ADB
Fastboot always says USB device not recognized
I have tested this on 5 different computers now
I have tested with various cables.
I am guessing that the Lolipop upgrade that I tried on these phones must have done something to kill the fastboot connectivity.

Unfortunately, the ROM is not in a workable state and because the phones are s-on I can't flash the boot image.

Therefore, the phones are pretty much bricked unless I can get a fastboot connection. Without that, I can't even run a RUU factory update because the software does not recognize the phone is attached.

If you've got a solution I haven't tried, I'd love to hear it.
Did you ever fix this I have same exact issue with my m8 I get error: USB NOT RECOGNIZE. Says the device has malfunctioned or something

surendra meena

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
i have exactly same prob and after readings lots of threads, i think its the prob of hboot of version 1.54.0000
i have no rom installed on verizon htc one m7. i'm totally freaked out by htc's stupid developer mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12