- 138 Posts
Lost root access
Have been running GPE 4.4 on my DE with root access for a while now. Even got the 4.4.2 update automatically. But somewhere along the way, root access disappeared.
Has this happened to you guys? Not sure how to get it back. Not running TWRP or anything like that. I've got S-Off.
Posted via Android Central App
- 12-29-2013, 11:38 PM #2
- 116 Posts
Re: Lost root access
I believe OTA updates remove root. Did you still have root after the update or did you notice it was gone right after?
If you want, you could install something like CyanogenMod, updates come OTA, install automatically, keep your root and best of all, they don't wipe your phone.
- 12-31-2013, 05:18 AM #4
- By r390a in forum Amazon Kindle FireReplies: 1Last Post: 01-03-2014, 06:08 PM
- By hax0620 in forum Samsung SAFE and KNOXReplies: 1Last Post: 12-29-2013, 09:27 PM
- By thehoz in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 12-29-2013, 04:08 PM
- By Don164 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 12-29-2013, 03:14 PM
- By silkiblu in forum Kindle Fire HDX TabletsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-29-2013, 03:06 PM