Sprint HTC One Factory Stock wanting to try new PRL

dltv

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
So Im in the discovery stages of rooting my HTC One. I rooted my HTV Evo and have some idea of what it will require.

Presently I am experiencing issues with my HTC One with Sprint. Both my wife and I have Sprint service and she has a Samsung Galaxy 3 however, in more than one instance she has 4G coverage and i will only have 3G with my HTC one. We are sitting right next to one another and she has better coverage with her phone than i do.
For this reason im unhappy, Ive refreshed my PRL and nothing changes.

Can someone point me to a ROM or PRL to use that allows me to choose whos service PRL i can switch to? I remember seeing a buddy who could change between Stock/VZ/ATT service from within the ROM settings.

Currently step one was to download EZtoolkit by Wizzrah and give it a go. What would be my next step?

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I am not familiar with Wizzrah's tool kit but he does read these forums a lot and post info. I use the Hansoon All in One on occasion but there were some posts in one of the sections about using tool kits to accomplish things. Which is not really good. One learns to depend on the toolkits and doesn't learn anything. If you should head over to the XDA forums HTC One - xda-developers,. In fact there are two HTC one forums, this one is the International forum. The other which I read is the ATT forum AT&T HTC One - xda-developers. And then there is a Sprint HTC One Sprint HTC One - xda-developers. This is a developement forum and most will not help as they will here. They want you to do the searching and reading then when you find what your looking for read some more. But, the info there is usually the best you can find on the net.
I also have the basic deal you have, I have the HTC One which is rooted and converted to the GPE , my wife has the GS4 and just rooted. AS I was reading this post I looked, I have 4 bars on 4G HSDPA network and she has just 3 bars on a HSPA network both on ATT. side beside. A lot of the reception has to do with the radio and not the rom itself. I don't know what you mean by the PRL thing that one is above me and never really heard of it in those terms. On different basis I have had better reception than others and flashed just the radio and improved the reception greatly. Go over to the XDA forum for your HTC and do some reading and research there.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat. W ife has a S3 and i have a ONE and she has LTE all the time and i dont. No rom or PRL makes a difference, Well not for me anyhow

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
When I upgraded from my Evo ltei also noticed a difference.. My evo had great reception and the call quality is fantastic. Them I got my One.

It's not bad by any means because I have good sprint service where I live but it's a downgrade from my evo for sure

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

dltv

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I really thought that the HTC One would have been a better phone than my wife's G3. But i am beginning to think that i should get maybe an Iphone 5 or samsung that has better antenna and therefore better reception.

Ill read through the Sprint HTC One forums to see if anyone has improved the phones performance so that i can take advantage of it.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
You have to remember that toolkits are basically a very simple way to automatically do things you would usually do manually. Doing things manually creates skill and as they say, practice makes perfect. I am hoping to improve all of toolkits and stand out from the crowd. I am creating a new breed of toolkits where you will learn adb and fastboot commands while you root, flash recoveries, unlock bootloaders and do stuff like that. With this new UI, I hope to end the argument that most people put that "you will not learn anything while using a toolkit." This will all change very soon. Thank you for considering my toolkit. I appreciate it very much.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I am not familiar with Wizzrah's tool kit but he does read these forums a lot and post info. I use the Hansoon All in One on occasion but there were some posts in one of the sections about using tool kits to accomplish things. Which is not really good. One learns to depend on the toolkits and doesn't learn anything. If you should head over to the XDA forums HTC One - xda-developers,. In fact there are two HTC one forums, this one is the International forum. The other which I read is the ATT forum AT&T HTC One - xda-developers. And then there is a Sprint HTC One Sprint HTC One - xda-developers. This is a developement forum and most will not help as they will here. They want you to do the searching and reading then when you find what your looking for read some more. But, the info there is usually the best you can find on the net.
I also have the basic deal you have, I have the HTC One which is rooted and converted to the GPE , my wife has the GS4 and just rooted. AS I was reading this post I looked, I have 4 bars on 4G HSDPA network and she has just 3 bars on a HSPA network both on ATT. side beside. A lot of the reception has to do with the radio and not the rom itself. I don't know what you mean by the PRL thing that one is above me and never really heard of it in those terms. On different basis I have had better reception than others and flashed just the radio and improved the reception greatly. Go over to the XDA forum for your HTC and do some reading and research there.

While naturally one would prefer their own creation, hasoon's toolkits kinda jump started toolkit creation. I should of posted mine sooner....

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I really thought that the HTC One would have been a better phone than my wife's G3. But i am beginning to think that i should get maybe an Iphone 5 or samsung that has better antenna and therefore better reception.

Ill read through the Sprint HTC One forums to see if anyone has improved the phones performance so that i can take advantage of it.

A i what....lol

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

.__.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
There is also a Q&A and General sections for each device over at XDA. If you are asking a question thats where it belongs. I develope on a few devices and when you have to sift through a bunch of questions that has nothing to do with the development of a rom you are working on it takes away from my time. I do agree that some guys over there get carried away.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
While naturally one would prefer their own creation, hasoon's toolkits kinda jump started toolkit creation. I should of posted mine sooner....

I am not knocking your toolkit wizzrah, I looked at it and it looks very plain and simple to use. I started with the AOI from Hassoon with the HTC One X and became accustomed to it and just continued thru with it up to date. I know how it works for me and what is accomplished with it. Since I found that one a few years ago there has been many good ones added and a lot of work with the one step kits for the various phones. But like you the "one clicks" tend to get some in trouble thinking they are the "cure all" which only leads to more problems. I myself have been there and done that with mine. I have since learned to use the SDK and ADB to get myself out of trouble. I learned to READ what the dev's put on their posts and follow the directions they give most of which use ADB commands . Since messing with SDK , ADB seems simplar to use and gets more done in a shorter time with less hassle of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.
But then , I am not a dev, not an expert , I have one phone brand I like and use it , done just about every thing and any thing to it that can be done. Now I am experimenting with different brands and of course different toolkits plus the adb stuff. Its just fun to see what can be and can't be done. Most people are not like me , they have the one phone and flash what they like. I flash and add to see where it goes. The toolkits and one clicks are good for some but they don't let me learn what I want to. Just my thoughts and opinion.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I am not knocking your toolkit wizzrah, I looked at it and it looks very plain and simple to use. I started with the AOI from Hassoon with the HTC One X and became accustomed to it and just continued thru with it up to date. I know how it works for me and what is accomplished with it. Since I found that one a few years ago there has been many good ones added and a lot of work with the one step kits for the various phones. But like you the "one clicks" tend to get some in trouble thinking they are the "cure all" which only leads to more problems. I myself have been there and done that with mine. I have since learned to use the SDK and ADB to get myself out of trouble. I learned to READ what the dev's put on their posts and follow the directions they give most of which use ADB commands . Since messing with SDK , ADB seems simplar to use and gets more done in a shorter time with less hassle of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.
But then , I am not a dev, not an expert , I have one phone brand I like and use it , done just about every thing and any thing to it that can be done. Now I am experimenting with different brands and of course different toolkits plus the adb stuff. Its just fun to see what can be and can't be done. Most people are not like me , they have the one phone and flash what they like. I flash and add to see where it goes. The toolkits and one clicks are good for some but they don't let me learn what I want to. Just my thoughts and opinion.

At least on my toolkit, you can type in your own custom adb or fastboot command. To add on to your statement, I too agree that adb and fastboot commands should be something that you should know because it is something that might come in handy eventually, and it might even get you out of a sticky situation!

I believe a toolkit can be the cure-all if it is properly made. What do you mean by it "leads to more problems?" That's why I tell people to do the entire process through and you should be fine. I explain everything with a step-by-step procedure as to what they are doing and why in the toolkit. I even make a step-by-step guide on some of the more complex toolkits. My HTC One toolkit isn't that bad compared to the AT&T HTC One XL toolkit (I use the One XL toolkit for all my experiments as it tends to be the most popular, so it is constantly being changed).

I try to make it simple for everyone to use. And yep, I started out just like others out there with one phone. I learned to do everything manually on my one x (adb and fastboot commands) and spread that knowledge to other phones. It was then that I decided to simplify the process of this and create a toolkit for various phones (since all HTC phones utilize adb and fastboot commands). Without knowing these commands, I would not have been able to make these toolkits.

Like I previously stated, I am creating a new UI where one will learn adb and fastboot commands while unlocking the bootloader, flashing a recovery, etc. It will be a semi-automatic toolkit where the person will actually get involved and see what he or she has accomplished. I will post the concept up soon. That might be better than the traditional toolkit and hopefully that will be something many will be interested in. If I may ask (and this is a question open to everyone), what do you look for in a toolkit/one click?

Since I started out just like everyone else not knowing anything, I want to be the one that makes a different type of toolkit. One that might even be useful for the pros! Alright, I think that's enough of me ranting :p Thanks for your input. ( and I know you're not knocking my toolkit, I actually appreciate your criticism because people rarely say anything!)

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
The interactive tool kit interests me. This will be an unusual approach and something to look forward to. I am waiting for the results . ADB fascinates me with all the commands. By "leads to more problems" was just a speculation on my part. A person who doesn't really know much about rooting or what should be done, sees a "one click" or a "toolkit" in a post somewhere and grabs the download and starts in not really knowing what he or she is doing. Then something goes wrong and blames it on the toolkit or whatever they were using and doesn't know how to correct it. I have used one and got into deep trouble then had to research what I did and go back to the ADB and some advice posts at XDA to get it straightened out or take the long way around and RUU back to factory when a simple command or two could have done the trick in the first place.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

In my opinion and what I have learned off the different phones (so far the HTC, Motorola, and Samsung). The HTC is a better phone , the Samsung next and Motorola I wouldn't buy. A lot depends on the area, the carrier and the modem used by the manufacturers in that brand. Even in the brand what works in one area don't get it in another. The reason some flash different radios . If you just want reception and some apps, go with iPhone, I had the 3, 3G,3Gs,4, 4G before going to Android and they got very dull, the only option is iTunes and some apps they want you to have. With Android there is a whole universe open if your willing to go the distance and learn the right steps. These are just my opinions and you know the saying, "opinions are like A****les , everyone has one.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
The interactive tool kit interests me. This will be an unusual approach and something to look forward to. I am waiting for the results . ADB fascinates me with all the commands. By "leads to more problems" was just a speculation on my part. A person who doesn't really know much about rooting or what should be done, sees a "one click" or a "toolkit" in a post somewhere and grabs the download and starts in not really knowing what he or she is doing. Then something goes wrong and blames it on the toolkit or whatever they were using and doesn't know how to correct it. I have used one and got into deep trouble then had to research what I did and go back to the ADB and some advice posts at XDA to get it straightened out or take the long way around and RUU back to factory when a simple command or two could have done the trick in the first place.

Ah, that is why if you read my toolkit posts, I state that the downloader uses my toolkit solely at their discretion and I am not at fault. While this is somewhat cheap, I will take responsibility for something that is clearly my fault, but something not as outrages as "Your POS Toolkit ruined my phone!" I make sure my toolkits are relatively safe, but as with many of the projects devs make, safety is never 100% guaranteed (unless it's a rare occasion and you'll have to take the devs word then). Someone's ability to decide has nothing to do with the developer. I am always on for support and I will help in anyway possible and I state that clearly to everyone. I even have some people from XDA email me for stuff not about my toolkits only because they feel that other contributors are too aggressive. I agree and disagree. I like the contributors for the One/ One XL forums on XDA. It's too bad I'm not well known over on XDA as I feel more at bay with AC (AC is cool :p). I disagree that the contributors are aggressive (I mean, they're recognized for a reason). Don't you think AC should have some sort of recognition tag for devs or helpers on AC? I know they have that Ambassador tag... Anyways, I'm getting off topic. Yeah, some ADB/Fastboot commands are all it takes for fixing a phone. I will let you know about my concept toolkit and your response ("an unusual approach") is exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully, many others will have a similar reaction. Again, thanks.