Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,692 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Talking Hi guys, I need your opinion.

I'm wizzrah. I make toolkits for HTC phones and I am hoping to be recognized for creating the best toolkits. If you don't know what a toolkit is, to sum it up, it is bascially a UI that simplifies the process of unlocking your bootloader, flashing a recovery, rooting, etc. For example, here is my HTC One Toolkit. While this is the common interface, many argue that toolkits are useless because "you will not learn anything" and that "it is better to do this manually." Well, I have come up with a Concept UI for a Semi-Automatic toolkit in which the user will get hands on instructions with ADB and Fastboot. Look at the screenshot below.

Hi guys, I need your opinion.-concept-ui.png

*Note that this is not a final design and this is work in progress. The look will either change slightly or drasically. The toolkit will basically be a embedded CMD prompt where the user will be able to type the commands themselves provided that I will layout a step by step guide (I will assume the user knows nothing about ADB or Fastboot).

What do you think? Do you guys think it would be cool to say, wow, I did this all by myself! Rather then the toolkit doing everything and you doing nothing? Let me know please!
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by 2:
    benny3ffejjj 
    benny3 and ffejjj like this.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Default Re: Hi guys, I need your opinion.

Nice! sounds good

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    2,692 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Hi guys, I need your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    Nice! sounds good
    Thanks! People from XDA apparently like the idea too. I guess this will be my next focus.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix