Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon HTC One Root/ROM question

Hello everyone,

I rooted my phone right after it was released for Verizon, using rumrunner S-off. I never even bothered to install a custom recovery. When I had my HTC thunderbolt i would change ROMs and kernels on a weekly basis. Now with my One I've only used root for wifi tetether and to block pandora ads.

I would like to get the Offical 4.4 update when that comes out. SO my question is should I install a recovery and flash a 4.4 ROM or just unroot and stay stock (my phone is stock as of right now) + root and s-off. If i would like to unroot how would i go about that? Do i just install the OTA i keep ignoring or is their an application I can use.

Thanks for the help!

Global Posts
    4,726 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: Verizon HTC One Root/ROM question

Quote Originally Posted by geterdone11 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I rooted my phone right after it was released for Verizon, using rumrunner S-off. I never even bothered to install a custom recovery. When I had my HTC thunderbolt i would change ROMs and kernels on a weekly basis. Now with my One I've only used root for wifi tetether and to block pandora ads.

I would like to get the Offical 4.4 update when that comes out. SO my question is should I install a recovery and flash a 4.4 ROM or just unroot and stay stock (my phone is stock as of right now) + root and s-off. If i would like to unroot how would i go about that? Do i just install the OTA i keep ignoring or is their an application I can use.

Thanks for the help!
    You can flash a recovery (I'm not sure if there is a specific version for the verizon model) in fastboot. Since you have s off, you can just flash the 4.4 rom straight on in that recovery. I suggest TWRP. Just make sure to backup your current rom and wipe before flashing the 4.4 rom.
    Flashoholic!!

Default Re: Verizon HTC One Root/ROM question

Quote Originally Posted by geterdone11 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Thanks for the help!
    I would wait until the official 4.4 comes out and a stock rooted rom is posted. Also with s-off you will be able to flash a firmware package minus the hboot when someone makes one.
    Just dont take the OTA you never know what is included and there may be something irreversible.