- 11 Posts
Verizon HTC One Root/ROM question
I rooted my phone right after it was released for Verizon, using rumrunner S-off. I never even bothered to install a custom recovery. When I had my HTC thunderbolt i would change ROMs and kernels on a weekly basis. Now with my One I've only used root for wifi tetether and to block pandora ads.
I would like to get the Offical 4.4 update when that comes out. SO my question is should I install a recovery and flash a 4.4 ROM or just unroot and stay stock (my phone is stock as of right now) + root and s-off. If i would like to unroot how would i go about that? Do i just install the OTA i keep ignoring or is their an application I can use.
Thanks for the help!
- 01-06-2014, 04:43 PM #2
Re: Verizon HTC One Root/ROM question“Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson
In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!
- 01-06-2014, 10:22 PM #3Flashoholic!!
- 1,770 Posts
- Bad Boyz Rom
Re: Verizon HTC One Root/ROM question
Just dont take the OTA you never know what is included and there may be something irreversible.
- By Jeepee418 in forum HTC OneReplies: 7Last Post: 01-11-2014, 08:46 PM
- By nexus776 in forum Google Nexus 7 (2013) Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 01-11-2014, 08:20 PM
- By latila155 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 01-11-2014, 05:43 PM
- By northernbound in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 01-07-2014, 11:16 AM
- By reardoma in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 01-06-2014, 02:53 PM