HTC One: 20 gigs in "other" folder

khall15

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have flashed at least three versions of Android rev hd. I noticed under storage the folder named other has 20 gigs of something. I did a factory reset/wipe reflashed and 20 gigs was still there. Does anyone know what this is.

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: 20gigs in "other" folder

Did you buy the phone from a carrier or OEM store or from a 3rd party? Online, friend, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

No. I noticed it after flashing a few versions of ARHD.

Then it sounds like it's flashing the ROM and storing the data in "Other"
Have you plugged in to your PC to see if you can find anything other than the usual pics/music/app data so you can delete it

stesyl

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

I had the same thing on mine with every rom i tried. That is why i went back to stock, just didn't see the advantage of the ROM if its using 20+ gig. On XDA in the insert coin ROM page the developer tried to explain this.

khall15

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

Thanks guys. I did a nandroid backup last night. Went into recovery and did a full wipe. After that I tapped on advanced and wiped internal storage. Did a restore with usb otg and after reboot my "other" folder was only 4gigs. All back to normal. Thanks again to all who replied.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks guys. I did a nandroid backup last night. Went into recovery and did a full wipe. After that I tapped on advanced and wiped internal storage. Did a restore with usb otg and after reboot my "other" folder was only 4gigs. All back to normal. Thanks again to all who replied.

Well we didn't really give you the solution but glad you got it to work :)

stesyl

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

How did you restore after wiping the internal storage? Was recovery still there to do the restore?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm